Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Oscar having fun!

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion Oscar having fun!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    melinda

Couldn’t resist sharing these pics, he’s such a goofball  😀

I’ve found a safe field to let Oscar run loose in to get rid of some of his tiggers.  His recall is still being worked on, so on Bev’s instruction we just let him go and don’t try calling him back…. but he’s pretty good at coming back of his own accord (especially when i’m armed with cheese!).  He LOVES playing with a ball, so can really tire him out with it, as his fitness is still a bit rubbish.  

He was a bit naughty at running away with the ball, but this morning he was dropping it at my feet for me to throw again  ;D

We call this one “ultimate happy face”
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/melamaphine/Oscar/SDC10866-2.jpg[/img]

I love my tennis ball
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/melamaphine/Oscar/SDC10865-1.jpg[/img]

I’ve got it!
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/melamaphine/Oscar/SDC10868-1.jpg[/img]

And one of Madam
    [img width=468 height=317]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/melamaphine/Oscar/SDC10872-1.jpg[/img]

Joanie

Lovely dogs….I’ve got a Sheltie called Jasper

love the pictures ;D they look like they are having a lot of fun

Anonymous

aww fab pics 1st one so funny  ;D ;D

*Nat*

Great pics  ;D

melinda

Thank you!

He’s a lover-ly boy…doesn’t feel like i’ve only had him 2 weeks, he’s definitely made himself at home.

He didn’t like getting in the car initially, nor going out of the front door and would refuse to budge.. but it hasn’t taken him long to suss that car rides = walkies and now he’s raring to go as soon as I get the lead out, jumps straight into the car like a good boy  ;D

Simba has even started running around a bit more with him, rather than her usual plod plod plod on walks (she’s one RUBBISH collie!).  Problem is, that she gets bored after a while and although he’s still deliriously sprinting after tennis balls she will decide it’s time to go home and go sit by the gate of the field and look sulky until we go home.  Proper weirdo is our Simba  ::)

*Lassie*

[quote author=melinda link=topic=14783.msg272763#msg272763 date=1254232179]
    Thank you!

He’s a lover-ly boy…doesn’t feel like i’ve only had him 2 weeks, he’s definitely made himself at home.

He didn’t like getting in the car initially, nor going out of the front door and would refuse to budge.. but it hasn’t taken him long to suss that car rides = walkies and now he’s raring to go as soon as I get the lead out, jumps straight into the car like a good boy  ;D

Simba has even started running around a bit more with him, rather than her usual plod plod plod on walks (she’s one RUBBISH collie!).  Problem is, that she gets bored after a while and although he’s still deliriously sprinting after tennis balls she will decide it’s time to go home and go sit by the gate of the field and look sulky until we go home.  Proper weirdo is our Simba  ::)

[/quote]

She isn’t a rubbish collie :nono: she has just got more sense :yes:
    Can we have more photos of her please, close ups if possible, pretty please ;D

Gorgeous  🙂

melinda

Thank you, Oscar appreciates people thinking he’s boot-iful (and not just mad old me cooing over him)

Simby is my ‘special’ rubbish collie *hehe*

We had a cuddle and did some training while Oscar was zooming about this morning in the field, she didn’t get sulky and want to go home so I think some 1 on 1 time with me was all she wanted…not just watching me flinging the ball for him.

If only SHE would chase toys too….she could do with some intense cardio, lazy monkey

Val

She’s a rough collie  ::) they don’t do chasing toys or balls maybe once but the next time you throw it she will say “You chucked it you get it” they like mind games
    She’s pretty not rubbish and bright I would say  ;D
    Val

[quote author=melinda link=topic=14783.msg272820#msg272820 date=1254309658]

If only SHE would chase toys too….she could do with some intense cardio, lazy monkey
    [/quote]

melinda

[quote author=Val link=topic=14783.msg272822#msg272822 date=1254313676]
    She’s a rough collie  ::) they don’t do chasing toys or balls maybe once but the next time you throw it she will say “You chucked it you get it” they like mind games
    She’s pretty not rubbish and bright I would say  ;D
    Val
    [/quote]

Lol, so my previous rough collie who was ball obsessed was the odd one out then!  He would play ball, frisbee…anything for hours on end, totally toy crazy.  Simba will ‘kill’ cuddly toys in the house, she likes to pounce on them and give ’em a good telling off.

She is bright, just doesn’t use it the way she should….she likes to invent phobias of things  ::)

Val

It’s not common for roughs to play fetch, it’s what makes them difficult to do OB with, but have found many of mine love mind games.
    Val

*Lassie*

[quote author=Val link=topic=14783.msg272829#msg272829 date=1254328419]
    It’s not common for roughs to play fetch, it’s what makes them difficult to do OB with, but have found many of mine love mind games.
    Val
    [/quote]

Willow will play fetch but only on her terms ::) the ball must not be thrown too far, it must bounce and it MUST be a tennis ball.
    She really loves playing with a football especially if it involves teenage lads, the little tart :embarrass:

Val

Some of mine loved boys and footballs but thats different to ball throwing as they have to think quick and go in different directions with footy as I said mind games
    Val
    PS how come it’s just you and me in collie land  :agree:

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=14783.msg272836#msg272836 date=1254337733]
    [quote author=Val link=topic=14783.msg272829#msg272829 date=1254328419]
    Val
    [/quote]

Willow will play fetch but only on her terms ::) the ball must not be thrown too far, it must bounce and it MUST be a tennis ball.
    She really loves playing with a football especially if it involves teenage lads, the little tart :embarrass:
    [/quote]

melinda

Simba won’t chase a ball… at all…unless it’s in the garden/house and another dog wants it.

She’s a spoiled brat at times.  I bought Simba a foam football hoping she would play with it and she showed no interest, until we had Shabba the staffy here and when Shabba started playing, of course Simba wanted it 

Same goes with Oscar… “I don’t want it, but you can’t have it”  ::)

There is one ball she likes actually… the one that distributes biscuits, she’ll spend hours rolling that around!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime