Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Our first agility show …..

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Our first agility show …..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I thought I would share my first AGILITY BRAG !!!!! 🙂

Bonnie and I have been going along to a beginners agility group for the last couple of months and we had our very first show yesterday at Staverton.

I entered her in G1 anysize agility and G1 anysize helter skelter and ……

We were 4th in both !!!  My girl ran like a dream bless her – we got 10f (a tunnel refusal because i forgot to cue it and she literally just put her nose past before popping in – grrr …. and jumping off the seesaw a bit early but i didnt know it was supposed to hit the ground first!!) but we went CLEAR in the helter skelter !!!!!!!

I am totally the most proudest mommy ever in the whole world – HUGE thankyou’s go to Lisa and Jen at “cloud tenn” agility club and Mandy Bainbridge (comebyanaway) for your excellent and very patient coaching !!

In the agility we were 4th out of 10 (6 dogs e’d) with a time of approx 40s and in the helter skelter we were 4th from 15 dogs (9 dogs e’d) with a time of approx 33s – both 18 obstacle courses.

For the lovers among you here are the course plans …

Agility (G1 and G2-7 Anysize – all heights ran same course)  

[img width=468 height=455]http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs225.snc1/7221_187378570995_662395995_4346709_7487275_n.jpg[/img]

HS (ALL dogs ran same course – anysize and height and grades)

[img width=367 height=468]http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs225.snc1/7221_187408495995_662395995_4347332_5887438_n.jpg[/img]

(nb. 7 is long jump, 8 is flat tunnel)

I can highly reccommend setting them out at training – they are both lovely to run with some super traps (6 in the agility and 8 in the HS being the ones that e’d alot of people even in higher grades).

I’m just over the MOON can you tell  ?????  I LOVE BONNIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  When I put the entry in for this in mid sept we had not done any contact equipment fully and were only just starting to put a few jumps together lol !!!

She also completed the 24 weave challenge which I am sooooooooo pleased with too as we are only just putting our channel close together !!

Claire x

nb: can someone let me know if you can see these OK … there should be pictures of the courses (albeit very badly drawn ones!!)

p.s. I am so so so so proud of my dog !!!!!!!  Once we get measured officially we will be coming to some KC shows !!

the pictures are fine 😉

well done to you both ;D ;D

Anonymous

Well Done  :ok:

*Nat*

Well done Claire and Bonnie  :ok:

Mudgie

Click treat Claire  ;D

Diesel73

Well done Bonnie and….. Claire, if Bonnie get’s really good at this you really need to change your name into Clyde  :whistle: …. hahaha, enough pesting, well done to you both  😉 .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime