Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Pack Animal or Happier Alone

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Pack Animal or Happier Alone

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Mudgie

I never realised just how unhappy Nooch was being part of a doggie “pack”.  When I had the 3 dogs he never wagged his tail – he has always been a serious dog – not much of a sense of humour  :-\ but since I have had him to myself and without the girls he is such a happy pooch. 

He never interacted with the girls much – a bit when BB was a pupster but not really when she became she devil dog  >:D  they would work well as a team together (especially when stealing food was involved) but he never wanted to sit with her and moved when she came near.  He would sleep on own or near me rather than be with her.  😉  He is quite unsociable at the best of times.

So it got me thinking are there certain breeds or just certain dogs that are happier on their own rather than as a “pack animal” does nooch see me as the pack and doggies as annoyance  ???

kizkiznobite

we been here before hun remember …when i sent the weim history and stuff of those i had met from real old lines in the ‘native’ environment and we discussed ….

hugs to the boyo and will be good to see him in a couple of weeks  🙂

Mudgie

I cant remember – sorry  ::)  Memory of goldfish

kizkiznobite

will look for the thread  ::)  :-*

kizkiznobite

board elf – that last reply? aint showing on my topic list  ::)

.dodger.
    kizkiznobite

no hun – not that one
    it about the history of weims the one man one dog forester – why they different to other HPFR’s

Gracie

dont remember reading anything re what you said Bev, but would love to have a read if it was off the board can i have a copy sent please…  🙂

i take it dogs own personalities go into it as well as BB and Elsa they worked well together and enjoy being in a pack?

Mudgie

BB and Elsa formed a coven  >:D

BB loves everyone – Elsa once her confidence was back was the same  ;D  Both very vocal – Nacho big silent serious man  🙂  Tremendously loyal and intuiative – but if he was a human he would wear a flat cap and slippers and smoke a pipe  ;D

Gracie

bless the Nooch, I would Love to meet him one day  🙂

Sweetypye

Weims are not only different from other HPRs but they are also different in that they are generally not that interested in other dogs IME; they are not like Labs etc who love being part of a crowd; Weims are much more into their owners.

Anonymous

but if he was a human he would wear a flat cap and slippers and smoke a pipe

I used a rarely used Rough Collie at stud who had that temperament some years ago.  He’d rather have gone to bed with a hot chocolate!  😉 ;D

*Nick*

I don’t have much experience with Weims but the ones I have met seem less than playful with other dogs and very much into their owners or just doing their own thing

“but if he was a human he would wear a flat cap and slippers and smoke a pipe  ”  ;D :-*

kizkiznobite

yeah…. 😀 found it – eventually  ::)  ;D

https://www.resources.dogclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=7533.0

Buster would be happy on his own with no doggy pack. He tolerates Honey and is happy to be bossed about, but he dont give two figs when shes not there.

Honey on the other hand needs doggy company – she misses him terribly when we not at home and I think if he was more that way shed love to snuggle up with him etc – but he not like that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime