Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Parvo in Cornwalll……

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs in the News Parvo in Cornwalll……

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Izzie

oh dear – will avoid a holiday down there!!

Anonymous

Don’t worry too much folks.  In Berkshire the Vets used to spread these stories twice a year when they wanted to get dogs in for vaccination.  Everytime I rang, there were never any confirmed cases.  The Vets I spoke to had just treated a few nasty cases that ‘could’ be parvovirus.

I don’t know about this one of course, but just take care of your dogs as you usually do. 🙂

**Woofums**

There have been a few definate cases this year (that I know of) 2 in Berkshire in which one Dog died & one survived & another in Bedfordshire, another fatality.
    All 3 Dogs were rescues from different kennels.

Anonymous

Is Parvo in the normal boosters the vets use or is it a seperate vaccine?

Anonymous

It’s part of the ‘usual’ booster Mark but even the manufacturers say that it’s only needed every 3 years.  It’s the leptospirosis bit that they recommend annually but in fact it only lasts for 5-7 months and so even boosted dogs aren’t covered for half of the year!  :-\

I was involved in clinical trials for Nobivac almost 30 years ago and was told that after the initial puppy vaccinations, my 2 pups titre levels were so high that they would never need boosting again, and that was straight from Glasgow University who were running the trial. 

But the next problem is that out of every 5 pups vaccinated, only 3 will take the vaccine because of their maternal immunity and so 2 out of every 5 puppy owners are proudly walking their dogs thinking that they are protected when they’re not!  The whole vaccination thing is a minefield, which is why many of us have done our own research and do our own thing.  😉 ;D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime