Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Pedigree dogs exposed 19th August BBC1

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs in the News Pedigree dogs exposed 19th August BBC1

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    *Nick*

very interesting Foxy.

This show has been talked about everywhere, even North American gundog forums, I’ll be very interested in hearing what everyone has to say after watching.

Oh my god is every one of those bloody people f**king stupid or something >:(  surely a breed standard should be for what the dog is bred for from the victorian ages or earlier not what the stupid human race has bred then for now, bloody ‘handbag dogs’ or ‘pretty’ dogs and the fact that they cull a pup just because it isnt what they say it should look like is just so f**king infuriating

you can obviously see that those poor dogs are in pain and the fact that people just carry on and win rossetts with a dog that is that obviously sick is wrong and cruel >:( :'(

please do not take this post to heart as i know you all have gorgeouse dogs, i just cant believe that there are people out there that are so blind and stupid

Oh and i see at the end ‘thanks to Emma Milne!’  ::) >:(  Hasn’t she done enough recently?  >:(

Anonymous

I found the program incredibly one sided. I fail to see how it was balanced & unbiased when they were so clearly singling out particular breeds. I’ve dealt with Emma Milne before for the bollocks she comes out with as ‘Fact’ but for some reason she never seems to have the courage of her convictions to stand by the things she says. Some of her magazine articles about the evils of raw feeding are quite frankly laughable.

the scene of that poor dog having an epileptic siezer realy upset me and i couldnt stop crying after that :'( :'(

Jenny s

that upset me to also seeing the cavaliers that was hard as my two were sat by me  :'(

Prem2Pram

If you tune into Radio 5 you’ll be able hear a discussion about the programme.

As for the programme it was very biased indeed, I was suprised to see Beverly Cuddy on the show as she hadn’t mentioned in her post that she would be appearing.

The whole programme smacks of yet another attack on dog owners / breeders.

Edited cos my fingers can’t spell

kizkiznobite

it was a good piece of journalism in the sense of investigation i guess…

i was shocked at the depths re the holocaust pics comparison…

still think the Kc is stuck between a rock and a hard place…when the clumbers went ‘vunerable’ and the dna testing offered i know how many breeders reacted…and now most have come around but that takes time and faith in the science

for me it as much about purchasers as breeders…if every one buying researched and insisted on only buying a pup from health tested dogs etc then rogue breeders would not have the buyers

debate away folks…it a sad night for the dog world  🙁

Jenny s

i totaly agree with you bev but could not put it in words, if only id known this before i got my two i would have got them from some where else but ive learnt a valuble lesson now, next time its highly looked on people i would go to

Prem2Pram

I agree I wish all breeders would health test, I do health test and I have even put copies of my dogs health test certificates on my website in the hope that others might follow suit.

[quote author=minpin link=topic=12209.msg237175#msg237175 date=1219181174]
    I agree I wish all breeders would health test, I do health test and I have even put copies of my dogs health test certificates on my website in the hope that others might follow suit.
    [/quote]

i think it should e made law that only health tested dogs are aloud to be bred from :-\

kizkiznobite

the problem with that is that certain breeders would go to ground…as some we have had on here have…exclusion from breed clubs and the KC will not stop the gene pool being blasted…as i said the KC are stuck between a rock and a hard place and for me the only way out is through education …

Prem2Pram

Whilst I agree forcing breeders to health check their dogs would send many underground, the KC could make health testing mandatory for Accredited Breeders which might help because as it stands at the moment anyone can become an Accredited Breeder and it doesn’t really give the general public any real guarantees.

kizkiznobite

i dont think it would work…breeders just wouldnt become accred.  what they have already is weak in membership…and 50 quid off the pup price matters to too many folk…i really do think it about educating buyers …

Prem2Pram

Bev if that really is the case then the KC will have to put their hand in their pockets and educate the public through the various mediums available.  I know the KC do already produce numerous pamphlets etc but it is obvious that it is not enough.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime