Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Pedigree Dogs Exposed new petition

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Pedigree Dogs Exposed new petition

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

We got this one back which we found a bit of a mystery as the ophthalmologist we used was one on the KC list infact now I live down here I used the practice when I had Mel tested I asked him the question and he told me he also thought it was a mystery as far as he was concerned any HC was a good idea on any breed as he said If you don’t check how will you know.

Val

I would point out that health testing schemes are given official Kennel Club recognition only where the breed clubs have asked for this and where it is possible for the Kennel Club to verify independently the results.

Bevers2406

The epetition calls for reform, to make the KC stronger. So it would need to be them that decides which tests in consultation with the breed clubs and the vets. But we need someone to govern, to be responsible and we all need to get behind them.

They need to change constitutionally too – in my opinion – as their current membership system is antiquated and unrepresentative.

The ABS needs either abandoning or revising, it could have been good – but they stuffed it up.

Better to make the assumption that all test and concentrate on educating those that don’t and charging them more until they do rather than the other way around and charging the good!

We’re cancelling our feature on Pekes, btw  if the Kc are thinking of radically change they way they are going to look we’ll wait until that sorts it self out – although I must say it’s odd if they’re not talking to the breeders! And I have to say it’s a bit odd that they didn’t take any action on this earlier if they had seen the letter all those years ago from the vet that did the soft palate resection on Danny – if perfection demands surgical enhancement to function… bit of  a worry

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime