Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Pee stains – val maybe you can help or….

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion Pee stains – val maybe you can help or….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Considering how pale dexters skirts and leg hair are he doesnt suffer too much with pee stains but he has got a bit – any smart ideas to get rid?? you cant see it unless hes on his back but still it not overly pretty and hes started getting it on the back of his front leg which you CAN see!! tried various whitening shampoos and nothing works!!

kizkiznobite

dont know much about grooming or grooming products but if it been bad on clumber girlies i have used a baking soda paste…mam would use it on the collies…used to have to do polly before a show as she always tiddled on her bum feathers…baking soda add water to make a thick paste apply let it dry and brush out

hey…can’t believe i am telling a groomer this  :gum: :butt: :butt: :butt:

*Lassie*

Will have to try that on Willow’s bib, she is lazy and likes to lay down and eat if she can so most gets in her bib  ::)

Izzie

Suz, someone suggested fairy liquid, leave on for no more than 5mins then rinse off  :-\  Not done it myself mind

Not really any help, as Livs has her butt feathers in bunches before shows

I have tried fairy liquid but not left it on that long, will try the baking soda thanks bev if that dont work will try again with the FL but leave it on longer!!

Thanks bev – we never had a problem before but his coats so long now – id have to band it up all the time to keep it wee free and even that doesnt work totally!!

Val

Baking soda is the best I used it on the Beardies beards.
    The other thing you could try in keeping his skirt in heavy mink oil
    As for that lazy Rough make her eat off a stand it’s really bad for her to eat like that she is a deep chested breed so think bloat, not common in roughs but she is the first I have known to lay down and eat unless it’s bones,but as they are more nibbling bones they go down slower so therfore cause no problems.
    As for Fairy I would never use it as it’s a degreaser so will strip all the oil out of the coat this will leave the coat with no protection at all.
    I do know poodle people that use it as a dog shampoo for shows but they are taking those dogs home and putting them in oil between shows
    Val

*Lassie*

Willow never stands when she can sit and never sits if she can lay down ::)
    Will put her dish in a stand, must admit never considered she could get bloat :scared:

Izzie

[quote author=Val link=topic=16080.msg281277#msg281277 date=1320354261]
    As for Fairy I would never use it as it’s a degreaser so will strip all the oil out of the coat this will leave the coat with no protection at all.
    I do know poodle people that use it as a dog shampoo for shows but they are taking those dogs home and putting them in oil between shows
    Val
    [/quote]

Never used it on Livs coat, she has a basic white shampoo, sometimes a conditioner but thats about it

Cheers val, hes kept in tons of conditioner but never thought of mink oil – the only reason i use the fairy liquid is occasionally when i feel the conditioners built up  – seem to have got his coat just right re shampoos etc its just the pee stains! baking soda on the shopping list.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime