Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Pesky fleas!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Pesky fleas!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

:help:

We got an infestation 🙁 First ever and we’ve had these boys 4 years, can’t be bad huh?

But it’s been a week and a half and I am crying right now because I just can’t get rid of them, poor Floyd is scratching his skin to scabs… We’re hoovering every day and showering the boys daily in neem oil, I’m using Val’s spray in between to drown any of the blighters I can see… but I just turned Floyd over and found another 6 on his belly alone… It feels like they’re on me! Argh!

Sorry if there’s already a thread on fleas 🙁 I did have a quick search but couldn’t see one! I am about to grab my keys and go get some Frontline…  :surrender:

yup sorry – same here am tearing my bloody hair out – though only Dex, none on my little princess at all despite me not spraying her – poor Dex RUNS when he sees the spray bottle now lol!

We have flea bombed the shop incase he getting them there……..nope not a bloody thing!  ::)

Have to say though am using everything natural i know of at home and on him – but if no better were off to the vets with the bunny for his vaccinations and i will be getting some flea stuff ( not frontline it not working round here) because i cannot stand it much longer!!

Anonymous

Hi Suz! I’ve just realised it’s been two weeks of fleas. Eep. and I have actually tried some ‘chemical’ shampoo, which worked just as well as the natural stuff… so fed up with showering them and I’m sure they don’t think much of it either  😀 was thinking of throwing them both in the sea tonight but remembered I can’t put them in my courtesy car, haha. Argh, I’m having one of those weeks. 🙁 >:(

Anonymous

haha my housemate just came home and said she had been talking to a dog groomer whose customers are being harrassed by superfleas! Frontline apparently isn’t working for them either!

Izzie

You have my sympathty, you may need to spray all carpets, soft funishings with a flea spray (without dogs there) and wash all bedding (yours and dogs) and anything else that is about before it gets under control.

I ended up using indorex for the house as the skoosh was rubbish.

Anonymous

Luckily we don’t have carpets, I tried flea spray but apparently the eggs don’t die or something so they have to be hoovered up? Such a nightmare!

*Nat*

OMG wish I hadnt read this thread, am itching and scratching big time now!!!  :crazy: Good luck getting rid!!!  :whistle:

Val

I am no help at all LOL have not seen a flea in years  :ok:
    I do use Indorex in the grooming room but to be fair have not seen any on my clients dogs either BUT Tick’s Oh doG we have had a few of them.

Skirting boards are the place to spray and if you are in fashion with bare wooden floors it takes a long time to kill the cycle as they are coming up through the floor rafters
    Val

*Nat*

Touch wood we’ve never had fleas  ;D Actually thats not true…… Mitchell had em once……. I know they not the same but oohhh they make you feel cooty lol  :yes:

Anonymous

Grr, argh, grr. Went to the vet’s.  :nono:

“I have a massive flea problem. Can I buy some Frontline, please?”
    “Yeah sure, you should bring them in though so we can weigh them.”
    Fair enough. I anticipated that: “They’d need the medium, 10-20kg one.”
    “Oh okay. Well, if you bring them in anyway we might be able to give them a prescription, and a wormer one as well.”
    “No I don’t really want a combo treatment.”
    “Oh okay. Well if you just want to bring them in, because we don’t have their weights on the system so that would be good to get them checked over anyway, and you’ll only pay £11 per dog for us to see them…”
    “Okay, maybe. I’ll think about it. What can I just buy over the counter though? Most people tell me Frontline is good, but some other people say it doesn’t work on the fleas around here at the moment.”
    “Mmm, that’s why it really would be better to bring them in and get the prescription stuff because it’s stronger and guaranteed to work. Or you could try this Advocate stuff, it’s better than Frontline and does worms and ticks as well?”
    “Nah, I’ve heard that’s not very good for collies…”
    “Oooh, I’ve never heard that! I can ask a vet for you?”
    “No it’s okay, I’ll have a think about all the options and come back later…”

Argh. I just know that if I take them in there I’ll end up getting boosters and advice on food and I’ll come away with chemical worming tablets and interrogated on all sorts of other crap as well… I know it’s ’cause they care but sometimes it’s like talking to the police.

*Nat*

Pets at Home and chemists sell Front Line now  🙂 They also sell wormers!

Izzie

Dont ruddyt believe it, Livs has fleas now  >:(

*Nat*

Oh no…. what do you normally use Izzie?  :boooo:

Izzie

Vals flea spray, but think I may have to go chemical route, Livs has chewed the base of her tail  :'(

Gonna dose her up with Selenium to boost the immune system, add garlic to the diet as well

The other two havent got any though  ???

*Nat*

Oh bless  :boooo: I suppose with the thinkier longer coats the buggers still get in there  🙁 Hope you get rid soon  :-*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime