Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Pets Undercover

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion Pets Undercover

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    .dodger.

this should be on tonight at 8pm on ITV if it hasn’t been moved again :ok:

*Lassie*

[quote author=.dodger. link=topic=13853.msg263464#msg263464 date=1237221400]
    this should be on tonight at 8pm on ITV if it hasn’t been moved again :ok:
    [/quote]

Thanks, will be watching and probably shouting at the telly ;D

kizkiznobite

bump…4 tonight

bumpety bump – JUUUSSSTIIIIIIIINE ….. 20 mins to go ….

kizkiznobite

incentives…yeah…my fight…esp food…

insurance….are you insured…yeah…needs xyz…

anti inflams anti bi’s over xraying ….

genuinely needs drugs…now vets have to give a prescrip …buy on line..most company’s do over night delivery

good eye opened for the general public…except….some of that public will now use it as a back up to not get treatment…

ergo…find that good vet…shop around..ask the q’s…walk if not happy…

deebee

found out today that my vet charges £10 to provide a prescription. also charges to fill in insurance forms.

unfortunately, this is not uncommon.

this programme got me narked within 5 minutes.

kizkiznobite

from nov lasst year vets allowed to charge for the scipt….many dont…many do…ask first…

deebee

would you judge a vet on whether they charge? i suppose its a good indicator

kizkiznobite

they have to make a living…they getting hit big time with the credit crunch, 3 year vacs, the info on the net…if i trusted the vet and agreed with the diagnostics and it had all been discussed and that the fee structure was displayed and also discussed in realtion to me and my dog then yep…a reasonable fee is ok in my book…my problem is with salaried vets in a practivce that are pushed re the incentives etc while the practice owner plays golf with drug company reps…i never leave a vets that has said we need to do this that the other blah blah…without saying what why when etc ect and….ok…whats this going to cost me exactly….

then i generally say WHAT…lets talk  ;D

*Lassie*

I judge my vet on whether they listen and respect my wishes.
    Tam is at the stage where he needs pain relief, it’s been a very hard winter for him.
    The vet prescribed pain meds and at the last visit asked  if he was on them all the time now as he was limping pretty bad. I said no, he gets them when he needs them not when he limps as the limp is always there. She gave him his jab of cartophen  and he trotted out of the office with only a slight limp.
    People see him walking and it’s ‘oh poor dog, he’s limping’ so the limp gets worse and he gets more fuss ::)
    One months pain pills has lasted him four months,would have been longer if he hadn’t been cat chasing ::)

deebee

yes, they have to make a living. whatever did they do before pet insurance gave them (effectively) an open invoice? what gets me is that they are charging more for treatment (as you said ‘are you insured?’) then charge for filling in form to get that payment under the explanation that time is money.

now people know they can ask for prescriptions , they have lost the monopoly and so charging for them instead of the overinflated profit of providing the drugs.  when horse wormers were allowed to be sold in saddlers, the price dropped. why?

i would love to be able to talk to a vet in a way that he/she understood that i knew enough to have their respect, but i dont. although i question them, i just look like an idiot 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime