Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

photobucket

Home Archive Forums General Category Gossip photobucket

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    deebee

does anyone know why photobucket will not upload pictures from my brand spanking new all singing all dancing windows vista lap top?

its driving me nuts. i get as far as highlighting them, press open or d.click then the photo window just closes and the photobucket window prompts me to choose files like i had done nothing ???

could it be that photobucket doesnt support vista?

GSPmad

i have vista on this and it works fine with PB so… don’t know what it is i’m afraid, but it’s not the vista, if that helps.  :-\

deebee

boooger. cant think what it is then, works on my (old)pc just fine, not on this thing. oh well, thanks for putting me straight on the vista thing.

**Woofums**

You haven’t got your security set to high have you ??
    The upload only works on a maximum setting of medium.
    Also you have to allow cookies.

deebee

err,  put on zone alarm and puter acted silly so uninstalled and downloaded norton which i bought with laptop.  cant see where it allows tweeking settings. just says ‘you are protected’.  i think i need some physical being here who knows what their doing.

thanks all  :ok:

GSPmad

norton caused me looooads of problems when i used to have it…. was before i used photobucket and can’t remember what it did to my puter now… i use AVG.

deebee

i have been norton averse since i can remember but i had heard that it was alot better now. we’ll see. photobucket wouldnt upload when i had avast (still do, it wont uninstall) and zone alarm.

i only wanted to post a picture of some bones lol.

GSPmad

they stuck avast on mine after it went to the computer doctors (not this one) – can’t remember now if i uninstalled it, or if it just uninstalled itself after a while (she says helpfully  😀 ) – was a couple of years ago.

is cos PB is stooopid!! seriously stooopid is still doing all sorts of silly things when i try upload pics – so have come to conclusion PB is STOOPID  ;D  ;D

Izzie

[quote author=deebee link=topic=12762.msg246449#msg246449 date=1224700127]
    i have been norton averse since i can remember but i had heard that it was alot better now. we’ll see. photobucket wouldnt upload when i had avast (still do, it wont uninstall) and zone alarm.

[/quote]

contol panel
    add/remove programmes
    find programme – uninstall.  😉

otherwise email it to me with your pb details, will stick in on pb for you 🙂

deebee

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12762.msg246455#msg246455 date=1224700510]
    is cos PB is stooopid!! seriously stooopid is still doing all sorts of silly things when i try upload pics – so have come to conclusion PB is STOOPID  ;D  ;D
    [/quote]

its being consistent though suz, i’ll give it that!

deebee

[quote author=GSPmad link=topic=12762.msg246451#msg246451 date=1224700226]
    they stuck avast on mine after it went to the computer doctors (not this one) – can’t remember now if i uninstalled it, or if it just uninstalled itself after a while (she says helpfully  😀 ) – was a couple of years ago.
    [/quote]

it stops after a while if you have the free version, you need to reapply if you want to keep using it

deebee

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=12762.msg246461#msg246461 date=1224702591]
    [quote author=deebee link=topic=12762.msg246449#msg246449 date=1224700127]

[/quote]

contol panel
    add/remove programmes
    find programme – uninstall.  😉

otherwise email it to me with your pb details, will stick in on pb for you 🙂
    [/quote]

yep, did that, it updated instead lol.

thing is Izzie, pictures are on this thing and email is upstairs on pc.

perhaps its time to get a remote email addy.

ps, can you tell i cant do multiple quotes?  :sleepy:

[quote author=deebee link=topic=12762.msg246527#msg246527 date=1224745279]
    [quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12762.msg246455#msg246455 date=1224700510]
    [/quote]

its being consistent though suz, i’ll give it that!
    [/quote]

yup to be fair its incredibly consistent  ;D

**Woofums**

Your security settings are set in your browser not in your A.V.

Tools…Internet Options…security……make sure the slider is set to medium high for the Internet.

I use Avast on both of my computers & have no problems ( uninstalled Norton as it uses a lot of resources)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime