Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Picky eater, selective pooper and peepee?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Picky eater, selective pooper and peepee?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 206 total)
  • Author
    labattsbaby

[quote author=Balmy Bali link=topic=9146.msg165633#msg165633 date=1187771846]
    What do you say when he goes wee/poo on the balcony? You need to cue it so when you are out you can cue him to go  🙂 Like “go wee” and “go poo”  🙂
    [/quote]

I usually say go peeppee to pee and go poopoo to poop, usually with the poo he goes, but now I WANT to break this bad habit as it is not good, what if he has to stay with someone and they have no balcony. he has to learn to go on the street and park area near my house. He did it this morning on the corner grass lot. Then I fed him and stupid me, didnt expect him to go 30 mins again, then he POOPED in my bedroom >:(, but I take blame for that.

I have also noticed in his sleeping area which is the laundry room which is fairly good size for his small size, he has not poo or pee on the paper and puppy toilet again for almost a week, which means what? He does not see that as a place to eliminate anymore?

labattsbaby

[quote author=widget link=topic=9146.msg165635#msg165635 date=1187772023]
    [quote author=Balmy Bali link=topic=9146.msg165633#msg165633 date=1187771846]
    What do you say when he goes wee/poo on the balcony? You need to cue it so when you are out you can cue him to go  🙂 Like “go wee” and “go poo”  🙂
    [/quote]

I reckon ‘go poop’ or ‘go pee pee’ is more American  🙂

but then the words don’t matter do they – just the fact that you have a cue  ;D

labattsbaby – i agree with Balmy – this is what I do with my puppy (he 9 months old now tho  😮 ) and he will go on command.
    [/quote]

Wait :-\ they poo and peepee on command 😮

labattsbaby

[quote author=Balmy Bali link=topic=9146.msg165640#msg165640 date=1187772224]
    😀 ;D

By the way Labattsbaby – your pup is a little cutie  :-*
    [/quote]

Thanks do you want him >:D he is ruling me and I did it all to myself >:(…he is so cute that I forgot to lay down the law >:(, now I am trying I hope it is not too late

Anonymous

Kodi will wee on command ;D
    Most dogs wont mess in their sleeping area either.

Have a look in the stickies re toilet training 🙂

Anonymous

Yes  🙂

I say ‘go for a wee’ and he does… or ‘go poo’ and he does – it makes it easier if you know roughly when they are going to be needing to go though…

*Nat*

Never too late but the earlier you do it the better  ;D

And yes they will go on command  ;D If you get a strong enough cue in place for the behaviour he will go when you say it outside – thus breaking the habit of going inside. You need to use the peeing/pooing on the balcony to get the cue in place then move it outside and once he starts goin outside praise him like he’s won you the lottery then start ignoring him when he goes inside  🙂

I think this makes sense  ;D I know what I mean   ;D

labattsbaby

[quote author=Balmy Bali link=topic=9146.msg165648#msg165648 date=1187772940]
    Never too late but the earlier you do it the better  ;D

And yes they will go on command  ;D If you get a strong enough cue in place for the behaviour he will go when you say it outside – thus breaking the habit of going inside. You need to use the peeing/pooing on the balcony to get the cue in place then move it outside and once he starts goin outside praise him like he’s won you the lottery then start ignoring him when he goes inside  🙂

I think this makes sense  ;D I know what I mean   ;D
    [/quote]

He wont pee on the balcony anymore, I used to take him out then he wont go, so I started to shut the door and leave him out there alone, now he will not do it. He is terrorizing me today. I just took him out for 45 minutes after drinking more than 12ml of water and run him good, he wont go pee, poor or do anything. Brought him back and confied him to SLEEP.  When he wakes at 2 or 3 I will take him out again. I had him have run of the house supervised and that was MY mistake, now he is back being confined he does not like it and is bawling bloody murder of which I ignore >:(

he was so sweet up until yesterday, he turned to a monster over night >:(

kizkiznobite

why are you punishing him this way – he a baby boyo and he needs guidance and training – by confining him you are alienating him – punishing him because he wont wee when you want him to  ??? and yet you havnt got it on cue  >:(

in your earlier post you say you are the pack leader – well – it sure doesnt sound like it to me and you wont get anywhere by bullying him

*Nat*

45 minutes is too long a walk for a 4 month old pup too – use the 5 minute rule – 5 mins per month age  🙂 So 20 min walks plenty – you’ll put too much strain on his little joints if you walk him too much  🙂

labattsbaby

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=9146.msg165691#msg165691 date=1187781286]
    why are you punishing him this way – he a baby boyo and he needs guidance and training – by confining him you are alienating him – punishing him because he wont wee when you want him to  ??? and yet you havnt got it on cue  >:(

in your earlier post you say you are the pack leader – well – it sure doesnt sound like it to me and you wont get anywhere by bullying him
    [/quote]

He will not go outside, soon as I bring him is he shits and pisses on my carpet and wooden floor, he will not go I just now got back in AGAIN and he refuse to go he will not pee anyhere but on my fllor and carpet. I know he is confused but he cant do this man. Putting him in his ROOM is not shutting him in, that is where he lives and when he is good he gets to come play, but if not he is to be confined I dont want shti and pee all over my house.  He sniffs to poo and pee, I grab him and take him in the street HE WILL NOT GO kiz, soon as he comes back up after 30 mins he does it in the house

Kiz, if I dont put him in his room, then he will shit and pee on my floor. He was going to the balcony just fine but I want to stop that, so I know he is very confused, he does not know where he must go, I know this, but how do I get this in his head that I want him to go outside with me now? How? HELP

labattsbaby

[quote author=Balmy Bali link=topic=9146.msg165692#msg165692 date=1187781470]
    45 minutes is too long a walk for a 4 month old pup too – use the 5 minute rule – 5 mins per month age  🙂 So 20 min walks plenty – you’ll put too much strain on his little joints if you walk him too much  🙂
    [/quote]

He wont sleep today either, he plays 20 mins hard then the walk is not really walking I am outside that long but not constantly walking, he does a 20 min a day hard run in the safe zone and then we come back up. I dont walk him hard when he goes to pee or poo just around the place SLOWLY sniffingand being nosy. He just wont go, where is all this water he is drinking going? He just ate a huge bowl of pureed dog food which amounts to about 20ml and he still wont go yet his anus opens like to go in the house and then on the street it closes back up same with the pee. What should I do

HELP

Mudgie

Stop feeding him pureed bloody food for a start  ::)  He needs routine.  He eats then he gets toiletted 30 minutes later.  You take him out do the wee wee cue – read it on the stickies toilet training – he gets big good boy wee wee – eventually you will be able to say “do wee wee” and he will.  YOU NEED TO BE PATIENT he is only 4 months – he is not a robot – he is still learning – you are his teacher – you dont teach him things every day over and over again he will not learn  >:(  Stop getting so hung up on amounts of food and what vet and breeder say.  😮 

Get a routine then you will know when he needs to go out.  make sure you are thoroughly cleaning pee and poo in house – if he can still smell them he will continue to do it in that place. he should be walked little and often and you should be using training as a way of building a bold. 

Take him out when you know he needs wait for him to pee and poo – lots of praise and then home.  You dont need to walk him for hours to achieve this.

Read through the posts and the stickies and you will find all the information you need.  Whether you take it on board or not is another scenario.

kizkiznobite

Putting him in his ROOM is not shutting him in, that is where he lives and when he is good he gets to come play, but if not he is to be confined [/quote]

he does not know he is being bad – he is confused – you are not punishing him for going on the carpet in his mind he doesnt know why he is being excluded only that his pack person is excluding him – we said from day one how to house train him – i cannot believe that you put him out and shut the door on him and expected him to view that as a way to get him to go to the loo – of course he is playing you up he is working to avoid

the best place to be should be around your feet not shut up in his bloody room

what cues have you got in place exactly – what does he know that he has been rewarded for learning

labattsbaby

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=9146.msg165699#msg165699 date=1187784296]

he does not know he is being bad – he is confused – you are not punishing him for going on the carpet in his mind he doesnt know why he is being excluded only that his pack person is excluding him – we said from day one how to house train him – i cannot believe that you put him out and shut the door on him and expected him to view that as a way to get him to go to the loo – of course he is playing you up he is working to avoid

the best place to be should be around your feet not shut up in his bloody room

what cues have you got in place exactly – what does he know that he has been rewarded for learning
    [/quote]

I do not put him in his room when he poo and pee on the carpet or floor, I say naughty boy and immediately put him on the patio but he comes back in. I do not bawl at him or rough him up. I just say naughty boy firmly.

He knows to come ast my left leg by me tapping it without calling him or his name, then when he comes I say sit softy he sits, I say good boy and give him cuffles. He knows to sit for brushing, at first it was hard, but I do it daily now she is LOVES it  ;D

I go to the safe zone and by this I mean an underground parking lot with no cars, so it is a huge area for just me and him to play and train. I put him on one end of the area and I go half way walking and not looking back, then I turn and do nto call but simply open my arms and he comes running to me for loving and I give him a lot of loving for this. He knows to fetch and bring abck things to me by my only clapping or again opening my arms for him to come back to. He has not learned STAY yet. He does not get fed or played with first thing int he morning unless he sits. he does not get treats until he sits, he gets nothing until he obeys my command to sit. He also knows GO away from the kitchen >:D

Mudgie, I do my routine daily for hours and hours, dont assume if you dont live in my house ;D

I made the mistake to shut the balcony door and now he wont go, but it is ok as I dont wnat him to go there anymore, he must go down to do it.

Oh and Kiz, when he does sit, he does not get treats anymore. Once in a blue moon I may give him a tid bit. But he does not get treats to do the things I told you he is doing, he gets lots of loving and good boy

Mudgie

If I lived in your house pooch wouldnt be peeing and pooing in it.  Trying to help – tried – you dont listen – you know everything – you taught him to do it on balcony now you dont want him to – you are confusing the dog.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 206 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime