Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Picky eater, selective pooper and peepee?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Picky eater, selective pooper and peepee?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 206 total)
  • Author
    labattsbaby

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=9146.msg165725#msg165725 date=1187786005]
    If I lived in your house pooch wouldnt be peeing and pooing in it.Ā  Trying to help – tried – you dont listen – you know everything – you taught him to do it on balcony now you dont want him to – you are confusing the dog.

[/quote]

Then come on honey, move right in, I am willing to take a live in for the help I need. šŸ˜‰

About how long does it take to unbreak the confused habit? Up to two days ago when I made the post he was running to the balcony to poo on his own, but I want this broken.

kizkiznobite

now i am confused

you said you had excluded him

so now – after all this time – having taught him the paper – the balcony etc etc was his toileting area – you now decide he has to go outside – it took me 48 hours to housetrain my last pup start to fnish and 8 weeks and 3 days old and she only goes in one spot in the garden and we have a huge garden – toilets on cue if we have to stop anywhere on a journey – in fact she will go in to the squat if i say weewee even if there is nothing to wee

back to basics then and start all over again Ā ::) after every meal after every sleep after every play teach the want out? teach the go pee when out – 2 cues one to ask one to do – totally ignore any mistakes in the house – clean it up with no fuss and no telling off and neutralise the area – when goes he goes outside then he needs big big rewards big mum is happy noises and a treat

he has stopped going on the balcony because you put him out there and shut the door – this is not rocket science

labattsbaby

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=9146.msg165727#msg165727 date=1187786408]
    now i am confused

so now – after all this time – having taught him the paper – the balcony etc etc was his toileting area – you now decide he has to go outside – it took me 48 hours to housetrain my last pup start to fnish and 8 weeks and 3 days old and she only goes in one spot in the garden and we have a huge garden – toilets on cue if we have to stop anywhere on a journey – in fact she will go in to the squat if i say weewee even if there is nothing to wee

back to basics then and start all over again Ā ::) after every meal after every sleep after every play teach the want out? teach the go pee when out – 2 cues one to ask one to do – totally ignore any mistakes in the house – clean it up with no fuss and no telling off and neutralise the area – when goes he goes outside then he needs big big rewards big mum is happy noises and a treat

he has stopped going on the balcony because you put him out there and shut the door – this is not rocket science
    [/quote]

No no, today when he didnt poo and pee on two differnt times, I put him to sleep and tell him sleep which he is doing now, when he wakes again i will try again. I dont confine him when he pees on the floor, tha tis my fault when that happens. Matter of fact he gets to play for hours or hang around and nap at my feet or on his cushion near me as long as I am seeing him. He is not confied the whole day, only when he drinks a lot and eats and wont poop outside

labattsbaby

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=9146.msg165727#msg165727 date=1187786408]
    now i am confused

[/quote]

No, let me correct it, he stopped peeing on the balcony, he still pooped up to yesterday morning on his own there, but I want to break this. The pee is when I shut the door.

When he wakes I usually say now lets go peepee is that to much? I know this is only two days I am trying to correct the balcony and paper thingy, but he is smart, I am sure he will get it in a couple of weeks I hope :-[

kizkiznobite

oh lord

you are using the go cue to askĀ  ::) – peepee means peepee – he doesnt speak human – he hears a word and associates a behaviour – no wonder he is pissing in the houseĀ  ::)

i had a client that used hurryups for a toileting cue for a young pup – not the ask but the doing – fixed and firm in 3 days

first day of term – her and dog at bottom of stairs – she shouts up to the kids in bed – hurryup you will be late for school – dog peed

labattsbaby

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=9146.msg165737#msg165737 date=1187787063]
    oh lord

you are using the go cue to askĀ  ::) – peepee means peepee – he doesnt speak human – he hears a word and associates a behaviour – no wonder he is pissing in the houseĀ  ::)

i had a client that used hurryups for a toileting cue for a young pup – not the ask but the doing – fixed and firm in 3 days

first day of term – her and dog at bottom of stairs – she shouts up to the kids in bed – hurryup you will be late for school – dog peed

[/quote]

LOL, yes, I have been saying let us go peepee. Ok from this afternoon it is just peepee. Sometimes I talk and ask him why are you taking so long, hurry up, what is the matter today LOL I know this is bad but I do it before I go nuts. šŸ˜® Got to stop pronto.Ā  My problem is I spoilt him badly because he was so frail in the beginning and I just babied him too much, now he is the monster I created, I hope 3.3 months is not too late to correct this :'(.

Other big problem, HUSBAND DOES NOT enforce what I have taught him. Husband never had a dog in his life. I beg husband DO not play with him until he obeys the sit command and to not acknowledge him when he jumps. He was jumping on me all the time. I stopped looking at him or noticing him, when he settled down I said hello and petted him. He if jumps I ignore him, he learned that one really quick. I am sure he will still jump but for now he is realizing I ignore him when he does.

Mudgie

dont say pee pee until you are outside – or believe it or not, he will pee in the house

labattsbaby

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=9146.msg165748#msg165748 date=1187787904]
    dont say pee pee until you are outside – or believe it or not, he will pee in the house
    [/quote]

Oh God :'(, so what do I say when he wakes and I have to leash him? :-\

Mudgie

helloĀ  ;DĀ  good morningĀ  ;D
    Walk timeĀ  ;D

but dont say PEEPEEĀ  >:(

You see I actually do know what I am talking aboutĀ  ;DĀ  šŸ˜‰

kizkiznobite

read the posts againĀ  :-\

a cue for asking another for doingĀ  ::)

did you not understand why the dog peed when mum shouted hurryup to the kidsĀ  :-\

labattsbaby

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=9146.msg165754#msg165754 date=1187788341]
    helloĀ  ;DĀ  good morningĀ  ;D
    Walk timeĀ  ;D

but dont say PEEPEEĀ  >:(

You see I actually do know what I am talking aboutĀ  ;DĀ  šŸ˜‰
    [/quote]

Hummm ;D

labattsbaby

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=9146.msg165758#msg165758 date=1187788694]
    read the posts againĀ  :-\

a cue for asking another for doingĀ  ::)

did you not understand why the dog peed when mum shouted hurryup to the kidsĀ  :-\
    [/quote]

Yes, cuz the mom told the dog himself to hurry up ;D so when he heard this cue not being for him he still went ;D

Anonymous

you are saying to him ‘naughty boy’ when he does P&P indoors so he’s getting a reaction from you ,he thinks he’s doing right, if he does it indoors just pick it up dont say anything, when he does it outside BIG FUSS šŸ˜‰

labattsbaby

[quote author=jaydex link=topic=9146.msg165766#msg165766 date=1187789159]
    you are saying to him ‘naughty boy’ when he does P&P indoors so he’s getting a reaction from you ,he thinks he’s doing right, if he does it indoors just pick it up dont say anything, when he does it outside BIG FUSS šŸ˜‰
    [/quote]

Oh boy, ok will stop asap. I should have come back here two to three weeks ago :-\

Anonymous

Yep šŸ˜‰ šŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 206 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees ā€“ ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime