Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Pit Bulls

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Pit Bulls

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

does any one here like Pit Bulls or is it just me

Attachments:

Anonymous

Being they are actually banned here in the UK i doubt you’ll find anyone on here with a Pit Bull apart from members in the USA.

that suck they arent mean so why are they being band

Anonymous

Ever read the Dangerous Dogs Act? They were banned in the UK in 1991 after a spate of attacks, that doesn’t mean we don’t still have them because they are still being bred but illegally. Staffies tend to be the most populat bull breed we get here.

o i never read that. i have a red nose pit bull and it its cute i rescued him his name is Buddy

Anonymous

Here you go, this link explains how the law works in the UK with certain breeds, there is talk of the law itself being reviewed but not sure when.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/PublicSafety/DG_065385?cids=Google_PPC&cre=PublicSafety

Anonymous

There aren’t any legal PitBulls in the UK.  ::)

I’ve only met 3 about 20 years ago and they were all evil. They were in quarantine here, being shipped from US to Australia.  They all had to be kennelled seperately and even tried to kill each other when one of the bitches was ready to be mated.  The owner had said that she wanted the bitch mated and when they got to within 12 feet of each other, they both started!  :-\  The kennel owner rang the US owner to let her know and she said “Oh my goodness (or words to that effect!) you didn’t try to mate them naturally did you?  They’ll kill each other!  We only use AI here or we couldn’t breed them!”  😮

To me, breeds that can’t mate naturally shouldn’t be mated!  :crazy:

I know I shouldnt laugh Rough – but something bout the way you tell it  😀 Can just imagine the owners face !!

Hi  🙂
    Have to to say I have never met a Pit Bull.

kendal

hey welcome.

i have met one, he was lovely, still a puppy. he started at our training class, but never came back. my trainer knew what he was as soon as he saw him. and made sure the owner new what the breed was. i think when he said he know what is was she was going to get sent away. but we didn’t. my trainer got in contact with someone who he knew was familiar with the breed so he could offer the beast advice possible.

unfortunately i have not seen them for some time so i have know idea how he is getting on.
    you are right, it should be dead not breed, a a soft powder puff poodle is just as likely to bite as any of your so called ‘devil dogs’  its how you bring them up that is the key.

in saying that it is always good to keep in mind that dogs do have natural breed traits, i.e.  the collie likes to hear, the terrier likes to chase etc we have bred dogs for a reason and must respect and be aware some dogs are prone to higher aggression if not raised right.

i am glad you proved them wrong, hats off to you.

*Nick*

That’s it!  I’ve had it with the spelling and grammar.just can’t take it anymore.  :surrender:

anyway, welcome and do you mind if I ask how old you are and where you are located?

and for those of you who keep repeating the “dead not breed” (sic) mantra,  I hope you realise that what you’re asking for is all dogs to be lumped in with the bully breeds.  There’s no turning back now, all the ‘powers-that-be’ will do is include more and more dogs on the “most wanted” list.

kendal

[quote author=*Nick* link=topic=13283.msg255253#msg255253 date=1229557692]
    That’s it!  I’ve had it with the spelling and grammar.just can’t take it anymore.  :surrender:
    [/quote]

my apologes i am dyslexic and i cant find a spell checker on this forum, i cant always be bothered copying and pasting on to my other forum to spell check my posts. sorry :embarrass:

might edit the spelling tomorrow after college.

*Nick*

my apologies, just lost my cool a bit.

Anonymous

On the contrary Nick (as the owner of a persecuted breed) my interpretation on the ideology behind ‘Deed not breed’ is not to lump all dogs in with Bull breeds – it’s actually the opposite, to lump Bully breeds in with other dogs so that they are not persecuted & feared purely because of thier breed and are treated the same as all dogs instead of being singled out as the current DDA in the UK does..

*Lassie*

[quote author=kendal link=topic=13283.msg255254#msg255254 date=1229558996]
    [quote author=*Nick* link=topic=13283.msg255253#msg255253 date=1229557692]
    [/quote]

my apologes i am dyslexic and i cant find a spell checker on this forum, i cant always be bothered copying and pasting on to my other forum to spell check my posts. sorry :embarrass:

might edit the spelling tomorrow after college.
    [/quote]

Try this 😉

http://www.iespell.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime