Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Police dogs die in hot van

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs in the News Police dogs die in hot van

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    *Nat*

So are you saying that anyone (Police or Joe Public) who leaves their dogs in a car in hot weather and the dogs die, should not be prosecuted, just because they didn’t think  ???
    I know what you are saying, yes he probably is prosecuting himself but he can’t get away with it!

the general public would have been hung, drawn and quartered (so to speak) if they had of done something like this so why shouldnt a policeman get the same treatment ???

Val

No they would not be hung, drawn or quartered sorry, this has happened to showdogs both at shows and while being moved a very well know case was some years ago with a giant breed, we go to shows all over the UK and in the summer the tanoy is going full belt asking for people to return to their cars as dogs are cooking in them some have died.
    Dogs die at Agriculture shows every summer despite notices saying do NOT leave your dogs in cars, dogs die here as people cannot take them on the beach so the idiots leave them in the cars.
    It must happen on the I of W the same as here on the mainland.
    I have heard of dogs suffering and dying in multi storey car parks, because people think they are in the shade none of these owners have ended up in the courts, some have had a smack on the wrist other have been fined small amounts, most have got off scot free, this PO stands alone to lose his job maybe his home.

I would of thought this police officer would of had more sense than to leave two dogs in a car on such a humid day, but until everyone is prosecuted including the vet that cooked his own dog in a car and was not prosecuted then IMO he should not be taken to court just because of what his job is he has to live with what he has done for the rest of his life, I would like to see judgment and justice for all
    Not the hit and miss we have now
    Val

[quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=14431.msg270452#msg270452 date=1248270970]
    the general public would have been hung, drawn and quartered (so to speak) if they had of done something like this so why shouldnt a policeman get the same treatment ???
    [/quote]

[quote author=Val link=topic=14431.msg270454#msg270454 date=1248273250]
    I would like to see judgment and justice for all
    Not the hit and miss we have now
    Val
    [/quote]

ditto, same treatment for all

When i first heard he was to be prosecuted i was happy but…  The media were saying things like, it carries a maximum sentence of 6month in prison or a £20,000 fine, but who the hell ever gets that?!! Especially a policeman, he’ll be back as a handler in a few years when all this has died down.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime