Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

poodles and food?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs poodles and food?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Because I cant remember – what foods would poodles of eaten, and what would they definately NOT and would sweet potatoe likely to cause itchy skin – not me a friend, said id ask  🙂

Here’s the site http://home.att.net/~wdcusick/free.html

you didnt say size and i think its different for each one  🙂

Anonymous

They do best on fish and poultry,but can take lamb, sweet pots are alien to poodles so if it’s been fed them and it’s itchy then yes, but poodles are a breed that have a lot of AI problems if it’s itchy I would worry what size is it and what colour
    Val

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12292.msg237817#msg237817 date=1219598529]
    Because I cant remember – what foods would poodles of eaten, and what would they definately NOT and would sweet potatoe likely to cause itchy skin – not me a friend, said id ask  🙂
    [/quote]

standard – and white only a babba  :-*

Anonymous

And it’s scratching  :agree: have they changed the food if it’s only a babba or are we talking pet bred  :help:

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12292.msg237847#msg237847 date=1219604855]
    standard – and white only a babba  :-*
    [/quote]

ive advised a food change hence me asking about the meats theyd eat etc 😉  yes pet bred….i think………

Anonymous

But did they change the food

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=12292.msg237882#msg237882 date=1219612165]
    ive advised a food change hence me asking about the meats theyd eat etc 😉  yes pet bred….i think………
    [/quote]

nope not yet – but going to  :-*

Sweetypye

Its a dog, it eats food like any other dog.

Or perhaps all huskies and sled dogs should be itching because they cannot eat seal or whale?!

kizkiznobite

i know SP..and i know we disagree on breed specific/lifestyle diets and thats fine…but

from your point of view why is it that 90% of the clumbers that i have had…and bear in mind have had not just my own over the 30 years but the rescues that have been in too…. so those stats are not off the top of the head….cannot do beef…..including my youngest….

Sweetypye

Dunno, but then if the logic of the argument is true, why do differing races of people not do certain products?

Chinese people never used to drink milk, but they can and do when outside of their country etc etc?

Perhaps as there are very few clumbers it has more do with breeding from dogs with allergies/intoilerances than actually being breed specific.  What about clumbers in other countries?

kizkiznobite

not sure re all other countries but have had similar reports from clumbers in the usa and in sweden and…we both know that when it comes to stats and 100% of stats then the volume doesnt matter…have had similar stuff re other breeds…data file not as big obv …but it a work in progress..

the fact for remains…that when clumbers were developed then beef was not a natural food source for them…i have no other facts to base my argument on…but when i have researched beef in general..then the answers are that beef was/is not a natural prey animal..it a scavenged animal…and i am not so blind as to think i am right…hence testing wee lado out…but…he now another statistic..on the file and part of the debate…terriers too have this problem….others are also doing the research…and yep it a long long process but…as yet i have found nothing else that gives a valid argument to the debat

as i have said before..it not that huskies have to eat seal…

Sweetypye

No dog HAS to eat anything unless of course there is nothing else to eat.

I find it amazing that dogs can tolerate putrid flesh, poop and yet fall over when they eat a bit of beef!

Obviously a potential problem for owners if there is nothing else out there to eat, but not if there is loads.

kizkiznobite

that is true…here i have falkor – pancreatic cancer and sec. cancers now in liver …2 years and 3 weeks since he was given 6 months to live…he can eat anything except…fatty lamb…eggs in anymore numbers than 3…literally anything..our left overs, chix wings drenched in olive oil…bones galore..if he eats fatty lamb and steals more than he should re eggs…he has a pancreatitis attack…lick beef…and..

before he took ill beef made the ear mite activate (as with that 90% of clumbers) but…also made him itch and would swell up nose and flews in an instant reaction to contact…like minpins post today…now all that happens but gut also plays up..and i am not adding anything when i say a lick of a beed bone will get this response…so since we got him we had to do what we had to do…but…for me it is breed specific until someone tells me …points me in a research direction…otherwise…

[quote author=Sweetypye link=topic=12292.msg237970#msg237970 date=1219671660]
    Its a dog, it eats food like any other dog.

[/quote]

Clearly not from the reactions the dog has been having………….

Same goes for Honey – shes a dog – she cant eat food like any other dog

And I would of thought huskies ate fish more than seal or whale but I will look into that  🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime