Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Poorly Fritz – not ideal breakfast reading. You have been warned!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Poorly Fritz – not ideal breakfast reading. You have been warned!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    xtine

Fritz is unwell! He’s been vomiting at 30 minute intervals since 8 o’clock. At first, his dinner came straight back up 5 mins after eating it. Normal dinner, nothing different than usual. Since then, lots of clear liquid and yellowy mucas, REALLY stringy and wobbles like jelly when you clean it up. We think there are specks of blood appearing in it too (in the last hour / hour and a half). He stands uncomfortably for 10 mins after each episode then curls up. Little rest, lip licking and then repeat. Lots of gurgling too. Not sure what it’s all about. He had a nature diet for breakfast as we were out of bones and fish – maybe that? Sure it was in date as he’d had some of the same batch without a problem 2 weeks ago when we were away on holiday.

Not a happy boy.  :boooo:

it’s 12.55 am now and he’s just been sick after about a 45 minute pause. Could be a long night . . .

xtine

And again, 1.30 a.m. more pink this time . . . he looks so peed off with it all.  :surrender:

xtine

we’re off to the vets he’s not stopped being sick all night – every 40 mins or so… still blood coming through too… he looks like crap bless him

Aww shit hun that doesnt sound good……..can he not keep anything down? Txt me if you get this and let me know how he is hun you have my work number will be there late xxx

Anonymous

fingers crosse for fritz poor boy.. let us know how you get on at vets  :-* :-*

xtine

been to vets… not being seen till 10.15 (their first appointment  :boooo: ) so brought him home and keeping him warm till we go back later… took them a sample of his vomit. He’s not been sick since 7.45 ish.. he was shaking on the sofa so we wrapped him up. Temp is 37.8

Only thing we can think is if he got hold of a firework when out walking…?  he would love that.. would definitely eat one if he got the chance….
    Or is this a knock on from all that chocolate last week?

The blood is worrying me  :'(

melinda

What flavour naturediet was it?

I opened one yesterday (chicken flavour) and it smelt awful, not like usual so I chucked it in the bin and got a different one. 

Poor Fritz, I hope he gets better soon.  It’s horrid when they’re poorly  🙁

xtine

Have no idea.. but it wasn’t a smelly one.. they are BAD  :vomit:
    He’s staying in on a drip to rehydrate and they are xraying to see if there is a blockage but they think not.. the blood was probably down to the intensity of vomiting for 12 hours… probably anti bi’s when he comes out later.

Bloody good job he was ill… a woman brought her ferret into the vets.. Fritz had his beady eye on the cage and then she got it out for a cuddle  😮  😮 I pointed out that it might not be such a wise move  ::) Fritz didn’t move a muscle, thank god…  :-*

DawnG

Hope he’s feeling better soon  :-*

poor fritz, hope hes feeling better soon :-*

xtine

update.. no xray.. but he had explosive diarrhoea which was bloody…. so they’re now dealing with that…

what ever that means?  :-\

Val

Sounds like he’ got a bad dose of a gastric problem.
    Hope he’s better soon
    Val

xtine

so it could be a bug? I took a sample of his sick in, not sure if they checked it…
    will update when I go get him later….

xtine

they called again… they want to keep him on a drip until at least 5 and then might send him to their overnight people cause his botty is so explosive.. he’s been sick again too.. am going in at 5 but waiting for the vet to call me back

Poor Fritz and poor you for having to clean up!  hope he’s ok!

[quote author=melinda link=topic=14896.msg273539#msg273539 date=1258109361]
    What flavour naturediet was it?

I opened one yesterday (chicken flavour) and it smelt awful, not like usual so I chucked it in the bin and got a different one. 

Poor Fritz, I hope he gets better soon.  It’s horrid when they’re poorly  🙁

[/quote]

I’ve had quite a few of those recently, horrible, sickly smell to them, yuk!!  >:(

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime