Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

poorly missus Bonnie ! (this is possibly the best one yet!)

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health poorly missus Bonnie ! (this is possibly the best one yet!)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

well …

as some of you may know my little lurcher is more than partial to sneaking the odd treat (usually most unsuitable) and yesterday morning she ate about 3/4 of a fruit cake full of raisins and sultana’s … FULLY ICED with royal icing !!!

as you might expect she has been very sick several times mainly undigested dried fruit and lumps of icing.  the sick is coming up as food in clear gloop which i am assuming is purely a reaction from her stomach to get rid of the excess quantity of food in there.  approx 20 hrs in she has started big piles of very ikky poop also with dried fruit in but is managing to keep them outside for once !!  approx. 24hrs in she was still vomiting undigested dried fruit (still clear) and now 30ish hrs in she’s quiet and sleepy.

i have been keeping feeding her little meals every few hours as any additions to the stomach are making her sick up again (a good thing).

she has had all sorts of very unsuitable and potentially damaging food through her little system – which must be like steel (perhaps from her street days?) she is still drinking and eating the little meals like her life depended on it !!

my concerns are – that much sugar … yeast inbalance – how do i watch for this ?
    raisins and sultanas – are toxic, no idea how many she has eaten but can say a fair few have come back up now …

she is bloated but that always happens when she has one of her ‘snack outs’ even on dog food when she got her head in the bag once and piggied herself – grrr little stealer !

any other things you would watch for / be concerned about / do and do ppl think i should take her to the vets or continue watching i dont have to leave her at all and have a car and vets is 5mins max in daytime hours, 10 at night if something did happen she is covered by insurance for call outs.

Claire x

Anonymous

Naughty Bon Bon :nono: :nono: >:D

Was she sick almost straight away? if so she may not have digested the sultanas and raisins, (hopefully),  you know her well enough, watch for any signs that arent ‘normal’ and if at all worried off to the vet.

Hope she’s okay :-*

Anonymous

hi,

i was out (left kitchen gate open by mistake) when she ate it and came back to no cake and lots of sick in about 3 places even once on a chair so it must have really suprised her as she has her own “sick spot” that she likes to sick in usually and in her bed – usually she sits in wills bed when shes ill so shes sick in that and can have her comfy bed haha !!

she was sick again that afternoon and evening and in the night and a couple of times this morning – all with whole raisins and sultana’s in – royal icing is a killer to digest as she will have wolfed it down its probably in her tummy in big pieces still dissolving and blocking anything else !!

claire x

Just a thought but fruit cake contains a lot of alcohol, maybe she’s a bit drunk?!

naughty bonnie :nono: sorry no help but hope shes ok :-*

Anonymous

hi,

no alcohol in it …. its William you have to watch with your wine !!

claire x

*Lassie*

I would take her to the vet
    approx. 24hrs in she was still vomiting undigested dried fruit (still clear) and now 30ish hrs in she’s quiet and sleepy.
    You need to check she has got rid of it all, if she has digested some of the fruit………

Anonymous

Hi,

when i say quiet and sleepy i mean she’s taken herself to bed – if she thinks i am off to get a treat or something she is plenty lively enuff !!!

i’m loathed to go to vet as she’s settled here and it will stress her out going to vets only to make her sick which she is already being plenty here !

Claire x

*Nat*

How is she today, did you go to the vets Claire?

Anonymous

hi,

nah – she’s cast iron my girl 😀

she’s all finey fine today bless her – did find some sick left over inside a cupboard tho – nice !!!

claire x

Glad shes ok Claire  🙂

Justine&Rafe

Think Rafe was just having sympathy pains!!

Also found some sick of his!  He’d buried it in his duvet.  Lovely!

Gald Missus Bonnie has sorted herself out!

*Nat*

Glad she’s ok now  🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime