Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Pork Intolerance II

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Pork Intolerance II

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    .dodger.

grrr for some reason it wont let me post in the other topic? it’s been like that all night on several threads now πŸ™

anyway Claire…… here’s my reply πŸ™‚

what’s mutton again? :embarrass:

he normally gets lamb/beef/rabbit but the pork was on special offer so i got that for a change. Was enough for two meals so the second meal was given to benji and Luci – they are normally alright on pork. But he does get the pork ribs if we have belly pork for dinner and he’s fine on those? Maybe it is just a bug he’s caught :-

He can’t eat fish either – was fish in a GSD’s diet? i’m sure there was something in there :-

*Lassie*

Laura ::)
    MUTTON DRESSED AS LAMB ring a bell, mutton is a grown up lamb

.dodger.

:embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass:

so it’s old sheep… :embarrass:

Anonymous

Hi,

Mutton = sheep that are not lambs

Ribs (that i have) have very little meat on them – he may not be intolerant, just not used to the different bacteria / digestion of a pork meal ?

Fish would have depended on the area the dog lived in I expect – Val’s pastorals get fish as she lives a skip and a jump from the sea and it would probably be a) fresh and b) cheap. Β I expect you may find that dogs living near sea would get saltwater fish and dogs living near inland waters would get fresh ? Β Just think in terms of a) cheap and b) easily available πŸ™‚

e.g. if you are sheep farmer – you slaughter stock and probably butcher it into 1/4’s for convenience, cheapest thing to feed your dog is remnants of butchering, cheap parts and parts ppl dont want. Β with landed sea fish i am thinking they would probably have been maybe tiddlers / damaged ones / varieties that dont sell caught up in the nets etc etc … at discount price or maybe so many fish for a side of lamb etc …. or rabbits / wild game / ?ducks/geese – free and available and the dog can catch, prepare and eat all without human intervention lol !!! πŸ™‚

Claire x

Anonymous

yes love πŸ™‚

tougher – if you buy it to share with dogs – think casserole or some other traditional long low temp cooking time or it will be VERY tough and chewy lol !!

cheaper though as for above reason not “quick and easy” and so less valuable and so cheaper but i bet credit crunch will rise price as low income families turn to it for cost reasons.Β  supply and demand and all that.

claire x

.dodger.

so do you think it’s better to increase the amount of pork in his diet or just leave it out completely except the random ribs when we get meat?

i don’t eat lamb or mutton πŸ˜€ but will let dodger know shoudl he fancy some ;D

*Lassie*

[quote author=.dodger. link=topic=13640.msg259975#msg259975 date=1233869572]
    so do you think it’s better to increase the amount of pork in his diet or just leave it out completely except the random ribs when we get meat?

i don’t eat lamb or mutton πŸ˜€ but will let dodger know shoudl he fancy some ;D
    [/quote]

If you think it’s the pork upsetting him then leave it out, just give the ribs now and then as they have small amounts of meat on them.
    Dodger won’t mind if the mutton is tough, keep an eye out at the butchers/supermarket for bargains πŸ˜‰

.dodger.

thanks lassie will do πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime