Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Pork Intolerance

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Pork Intolerance

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    .dodger.

I gave dodger some pork mince for his tea last night and he’s been sick about 4 times today – yellow bile with bits of his chicken wings from breakfast. I can’t remember giving him raw pork over the last year but i know when he was a pup he had loose poo’s and sickness when he had pork ribs, i thought i was down to me giving him to many and the high salt content making him sick but today just makes me think that he has an intolerance to pork? I’m sure i’ve given him cooked left over pork for treats before and he’s had no reaction to that ???

*Lassie*

Keep him off the pork till he is better, it may be he can tolerate small amounts like treats but not the quantity of a meal or he may have just picked up a bug, remember Willow and her bad tum ::)
    You could try feeding him some pork on it’s own and see if it upsets his tum but wait until he is completely over the current upset.

Anonymous

Hi,

I would have expected him to eat lamb/mutton or beef being a pastoral / shepherd dog – any reason for giving him pork ?  If not I just wouldnt bother again – who needs him being sick everywhere 😉

Claire x

xtine

why would it have too high a salt content laura?

.dodger.

i’ve always thought pork was high in salt so by me feeding dodger 3 pork ribs everyday when he was a pup it was to much salt for him. Forgive me if i’m wrong :embarrass:

xtine

ham does, but don’t think ‘pork’ does… hams and bacons are smoked and salted….

Sweetypye

A pastoral dog can eat all sorts of meats including pork/venison/duck/pheasant/chicken etc etc!

Wild canids eat all sorts; GSD in their country of origin eat all sorts including you will find a great deal of wild boar!

Raw meat varies little in salt content; it is only when it is cured by using salt that the salt content of it changes eg bacon, ham, etc.

If pork does not agree with your dog; don’t feed it.

Vine leaves do not agree with me, so I don’t eat em!  :ok:

Diesel73

[quote author=piglet link=topic=13638.msg259966#msg259966 date=1233867158]
    Hi,

I would have expected him to eat lamb/mutton or beef being a pastoral / shepherd dog – any reason for giving him pork ? 

Claire x
    [/quote]
    Because is exactly what his ancestors been guarding on his farm also  :tease: . In Benelux and Germany largest quantatity of meat being sold is pig  😉 . It as good as no more salt than other meats ànd not necesarely more fat either.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime