Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

possible bloat?? realy worried

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health possible bloat?? realy worried

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

stans tum is realy large and im not sure why. hes eaten half tin chappie, marrow bone, scoop of bikkies

hes pooped and peed twice today and they were all normal

did he eat really/unusually fast?

no he aet at his ussual speed which is reasonably slow, i didnt walk him straight after or let him run round. and we went for a short stroll down the road just now

*Lassie*

Is he panting?
    restless or seem in pain 🙁

nope hes asleep (chasing rabbits i think) but he keeps looking at his tum and sniffing his butt, he has passed wind a few times and his tum is gurgling. perhaps hes just eaten too much?

ok hes just woken up and started panting realy heavy and making choking? noises. then settled down again

have just rang th vet cause stan started breathing realy heavy :-\

xtine

oh no.. hope all is ok  :-* keep us posted hun  :-*

*Nat*

Is Stan ok now?  :-\

saw the vet at 11pm last night and he said that he thought stan just had a tummy upset, stans been pooping and peeing normaly all morning but his belly is still a bit large. small meals and lead walks only for a few days i think then see how it goes

Bilclarie

Glad to read that Stan hasn’t got bloat and I’m sure he will be  on the mend soon, 3 things to remember, if your dog can open its bowls burp or pass wind bloat isn’t the issue, bloat will stop your dog from doing any of these things.

Merlin had a large bowl infection a few months back he had a very swollen abdomin and was arching his back in pain wouldn’t eat or drink one of the first things I thought of was bloat but on the way to the vets he stank the car out so I knew it wasn’t that, but he was very poorly for a few days.

Mo and the Gang

Sweetypye

Sorry have to disagree with the above.

Bloat is NOT the same as GDV. I have had dogs with both.

Bloat is when the stomach swells with air.  the dog will not necessarily have a torsion.

Torsion will not necessarily be preceded by a bloat, it can present in various forms, retching, urging, restlessness, panting, or even none of the above.  Torsion prevents the evacuation of food at either end.

glad to hear all is well.

thankyou ;D he is still a bit large and panty but not as much as yesterday. last night he gave the ussual symptoms of a tummy upset but i got concerned because nothing in his diet had changed that was why i thought bloat or something

Diesel73

Stan my man…. glad you feeling better, but boy you got stop worrying your mama so much  :-* .

but ive got to keep her on her toes >:D stan

i think its more a case of me being paranoid 😀 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime