Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

pre mate blood test

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health pre mate blood test

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    compton

:help:–can any one tell me about premate test —the inhouse type —is there any good reports on them –many thanks compton

kizkiznobite

hi..yep sure can having had on my girlie that was not going to have pups as the Dogs said NO

so what who where when …as in what do you want to know about it

compton

hi have always relied on bitch and stud dog in the past always had pups —–but this time we have such along way to go –the bitch in ouestiion was a maiden bitch already miss mated to the stud in june last —so this is our second chance with him —was adviced to blood test –but can only do the inhouse type because of xmas hols the lab is closed –she is on her 3rd test showing still in proestrus –she is now 15 days in —–any advice please compton

Anonymous

I have known bitches ovulate much later than day 15 as late as day 23 with a following litter of eight pups have also known of a beardie that missed twice with blood tests and was mated third time on only day 7 using the ovulation pads with five pups in her litter the following year she was mated again on day 7 and had another litter of five
    Personally I have used the pads and Mate tel which is a ‘fern’ tester and depends on changing salt levels in the bitch’s saliva.
    When I handled a friends stud dog the bitches that had the pre mate blood tests always came too early to the stud he was a good boy and always knew the right time usually with the pre mate it was 24 hours later than the vets go time
    Val
    Val

compton

many thanks for that val —-much appreciated —compton

Anonymous

Sorry it’s not much help if only it was an exact science we would all be happy.
    It’s not much help this time this time but I have had good results with the pads in the past I brought them here  http://www.ovulationpads.info/

Collielass

Hello Everyone ,

Im New to this Board But i live in New Zealand, and i Have Just Bred My Bitch Border Collie, She has 7  Beautiful B/W border collie pups They are Great Pups, we only have 1 Left to Go, But we had a little problem with the male Not Doing what he should Know! lol But we Got him in the end, and they were Tied in for 20mins so we had a Good Mateing, Have a Great New Year. Julie nz

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime