Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Pre mating…..

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Pre mating…..

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    Dree

From a site about the vaccine. 

http://www.emea.europa.eu/vetdocs/PDFs/EPAR/euricanherpes/V-059-PI-en.pdf
    “12. SPECIAL WARNING(S)
    • Vaccinate only healthy animals.
    • Do not mix with any other immunological product except the solvent supplied.
    • Eurican Herpes 205 is specifically indicated during pregnancy.
    • No information is available on the efficacy from the concurrent use of this vaccine with any
    other product. It is therefore recommended that no other vaccines should be administered within
    14 days before or after vaccination with the product
    • No undesirable effects other than those observed and mentioned.”

It also says that the vaccine should be kept in a fridge.  I don’t think my vet has a fridge!!…but I might be wrong. 

GSPmad

I would be very surprised if your vet doesn’t have a fridge – to store vaccines and various other medicines that require refridgeration!

kizkiznobite

[quote author=Dree link=topic=12683.msg245038#msg245038 date=1223935556]
    [quote author=minpin link=topic=12683.msg245015#msg245015 date=1223929562]
    Have a look at these pictures of a dog with Papilloma Infection (taken from my blog)
    See my blog for more information – http://miniature-pinscher.blogspot.com/2008/10/possible-papilloma-infection.html
    [/quote]

But this is not from CHV?
    [/quote]

it is the end result

Bilclarie

Before Merlin and Greta where mated they where tested for VWD (clear)  HD (free) PHPV (free) and where both DCM clear at time of testing, they are fully inocculated anyway for there pet passports, they where both wormed as Greta came in to season, and as they where both maidan dogs no STD test was done.

Mo and the Gang

Anonymous

your vet might – but did the sales rep who sold it to the vet etc …. ??

Dree

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12683.msg245049#msg245049 date=1223960639]
    [quote author=Dree link=topic=12683.msg245038#msg245038 date=1223935556]
    [quote author=minpin link=topic=12683.msg245015#msg245015 date=1223929562]
    Have a look at these pictures of a dog with Papilloma Infection (taken from my blog)
    See my blog for more information – http://miniature-pinscher.blogspot.com/2008/10/possible-papilloma-infection.html
    [/quote]

But this is not from CHV?
    [/quote]

it is the end result
    [/quote]

Has this been confirmed by blood tests?  Cos the only side effects I can find on the web of surviving pups is possible heart, liver, kidney and eye problems.

Dree

[quote author=GSPmad link=topic=12683.msg245047#msg245047 date=1223945734]
    I would be very surprised if your vet doesn’t have a fridge – to store vaccines and various other medicines that require refridgeration!
    [/quote]

I shall have to ask for a tour of the premises!  ;D  It’s a small place, and I’ve never been in the room where they operate, so it might be in there.  Certainly my vets years ago never had a fridge, and I was right through the place.  I remember them taking medicine, syringes, etc. from a walk-in cupboard.

Anonymous

[quote author=Bilclarie link=topic=12683.msg245056#msg245056 date=1223972305]
    Before Merlin and Greta where mated they where tested for VWD (clear)  HD (free) PHPV (free) and where both DCM clear at time of testing, they are fully inocculated anyway for there pet passports, they where both wormed as Greta came in to season, and as they where both maidan dogs no STD test was done.

Mo and the Gang
    [/quote]

So maiden dogs dont need a test but the stud would?

kizkiznobite

for general stds then a generic swab no..but…it helps rule out infection like with gracie that had to get spayed..

Bilclarie

[quote author=jaydex link=topic=12683.msg245089#msg245089 date=1223989226]
    [quote author=Bilclarie link=topic=12683.msg245056#msg245056 date=1223972305]

Mo and the Gang
    [/quote]

So maiden dogs dont need a test but the stud would?
    [/quote]

I spoke to a few well known breeder in the UK and here in France and they all said the same which was as the dog’s hadn’t been mated to any other dog there wasn’t much point in having the test done, they did both have a general health check up done by my vet who found them to be in tip top health.
    If it’s a well used stud I personally would have it tested I wouldn’t want any of my girls getting anything passed on to them, it’s obviously your choice to have the stud tested and you would need permission from the stud dog owner of course

Anonymous

Ok thanks,  if they are asking that any bitch be health tested  before being put to thier dog then I’m sure they wouldnt mind if I asked for theirs to be done too 🙂

Gracie

can infections be spread though dogs mounting each other you know hen out on walks and stuff? i guess the boy bits would to come into contact with girlie bits, but they wouldnt have to get the the tie stage to spread infections? ! (just a boy dog mounted Gracie the other day, and owner said dont worry he onlt shooting blanks, i thought well erm im more worried about infections) – so is it silly to worry or can they spread that way?

Bilclarie

Sue

I would ask away mate, if you have any concerns about a certain dog then pass it by, any decent / good breeder will encourage you to ask questions about the stud, if you want them to test there dog and they refuse don’t use it it’s that simple there are enough good dogs about and breeders know that so I doubt if they will take umbridge to you wanting a test done I know I wouldn’t.

What dog are you thinking of using if you don’t mind me asking

Anonymous

Will pm you 🙂

Anonymous

If you are that aware why are you arguing with all the posters?
    Seems to me you are believing to much that you read on the net.
    Oh all vets have fridges for vaccines other meds can sit on a shelf but not vaccines.
    And if your have the cure for fading pups I would love to learn what you saved them with when the vets can’t
    Val

[quote author=Dree link=topic=12683.msg245039#msg245039 date=1223936026]
    [quote author=Val link=topic=12683.msg245006#msg245006 date=1223928135]
    Dree if you were to talk to breeders you would know herpes is the number one worry and no the dogs I know are not kibble fed nor are they vaccinated, for want of a shot it’s a terrible way for pups to die
    Val

[/quote]

I do talk to breeders….I not only talk to them, I have had phone calls in the middle of the night asking for help with fading puppies (which I have saved)….so, yes, I am very aware of it.
    [/quote]

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 177 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime