Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

puppy & milly

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs puppy & milly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    toppy

Hi guys long time no post….hope all is well with you all and our four legged friends!

I last posted about puppydogs weight (DDBXrottie) I have since met his mum and dad and no longer worry his dad is exactly the same as pup! So diesel you were right thank you 😀 I would of just posted in the old post but I’m on my BB and can’t find it!

Milly, shih tzu, she is still suffering from red itchy patches on her skin, she’s biting soo much its causing a lot of knots in her furr which I’m finding hard to handle! Any suggestions anyone!??

Diesel73

Hey welcome back!  😀

quote :

So diesel you were right thank you 

😉

Have you found out why she has those itchy patches?

Val

If she doesn’t have any flea friend then look to the inside for what is on the outside
    Val

toppy

She had fleas but we got rid of them with frontline, but they are still there :/ (the itchy patches) she’s on jwb and chicken n rice meals or sardines etc…. We’ve messed with her food and stopped things one at a time but with no change??

Val

Frontline is not as affective as it used to be the fleas have got used to it.
    I would say you still have them in the house and they are hopping on and off Milly
    Val

Diesel73

Here Frontline it given with a powder (don’t know the name  :-\ ). The powder is used in the house. For the remaining flees and furniture or stuff you can now wash hot in laundry machine. Because yes, flees and specially their eggs will survive in the house. Eggs will survive for a looong time  >:( .

*Lassie*

Toppy if she has a flea allergy and is always chewing you will be lucky to see a flea she will have eaten them.
    You can get some non chemical stuff for the house, Neem products or Skoosh  which contains silicones which coat the fleas acting as a “sticky trap”

Have you tried Aloe Vera on the sore spots?

toppy

She’s got an aloe vera shampoo but it hasn’t done anything :/ blitzed the house yesterday, dogs went to nans! Is there another sort of thing for aloe vera?? Thanks guys

Val

The plant of the Aloe Vera is the best thing to put on her spots.
    Try shampooing her in Hibiscrub you can buy it in any chemist just in case she has an infection
    Val

toppy

Okies will bath her in that, where would I get the plant of aloe vera from?

Val

Errr a garden centre

Diesel73

[quote author=toppy link=topic=15058.msg274634#msg274634 date=1267969469]
    Okies will bath her in that, where would I get the plant of aloe vera from?
    [/quote]
    No Val meant; break off a piece and rub on the spots  😉 .
    Stuffing the plant down a blender and poor the moush in the bathtob might be just a bit more inconvenient don’t you think?  😀 (just kidding, i know you meant the hibiscrub  :yes: )

It looks somewhat like Sanseveria or Womens-tongues.

toppy

Haha careful diesel I might just try that :p thanks val going to get some today!

Just one other thing, we have 2 cats of our own, so puppy is used to them but he goes mad for them when we are out, once his attention is on cats when out for a walk there’s no stopping him, no treats, chicken etc will take his attention away or his ball which he loves, any ideas on how to stop this?? I understand that he leaves our cats alone in the house because they are in his pack!?  Its making his walks almost unbearable again, just as we got him walking nicely on lead! :/

*Lassie*

[quote author=toppy link=topic=15058.msg274663#msg274663 date=1268128882]
    Haha careful diesel I might just try that :p thanks val going to get some today!

Just one other thing, we have 2 cats of our own, so puppy is used to them but he goes mad for them when we are out, once his attention is on cats when out for a walk there’s no stopping him, no treats, chicken etc will take his attention away or his ball which he loves, any ideas on how to stop this?? I understand that he leaves our cats alone in the house because they are in his pack!?  Its making his walks almost unbearable again, just as we got him walking nicely on lead! :/
    [/quote]

Work on getting him to focus on you with no distractions then gradually up the anti.

Just Dogs

Hi Just Dogs here

The itching and pulling of fur, does she have dairy, or it might be too much protein.  Or she needs grooming, but having said that have a good look at her pads and inside her pads if she looks sore/redish, it could be something she is in contact with which would suggest it might be seasonal. And if her fur on her paws are orange through licking, something is irritating her.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime