Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Pyoderma + witchiewoo = ?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Pyoderma + witchiewoo = ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    *Nick*

Ok, yup she’s got pyoderma  ::)   I’m looking for some natural remedies—lemme have ’em!  ;D

tea bags to keep the area dry?  ???

Anonymous

Oh bl****in Hell right whats it like, it comes in many types let have a full list of what it looks like and how bad it is  :-\

Val

Mudgie

this would be a good opportunity to educate us on Pyoderma  ;D  How far is the bacteria into her skin i.e. what strain does she have.  Is she getting treated for fleas also – pyoderma usually a secondary factor – i.e. the symptom rather than the cause.  If you dont treat the real issue it will keep reoccuring

I love the witchywoo woo title  😉

Anonymous

The witchy woo is your fault you called me that  >:D
    I could die of old age waiting for a reply I have to go to Bournemouth tomorrow  ;D

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=12148.msg233857#msg233857 date=1217619904]
    this would be a good opportunity to educate us on Pyoderma  ;D  How far is the bacteria into her skin i.e. what strain does she have.  Is she getting treated for fleas also – pyoderma usually a secondary factor – i.e. the symptom rather than the cause.  If you dont treat the real issue it will keep reoccuring

I love the witchywoo woo title  😉
    [/quote]

Mudgie

that’s why it makes me laugh  ;D

so what you thinking, diet, fleas, liver  ???  want to know what vet said – suspense is killing me – want to know what you advise  ;D  learn learn learn  is it superficial, surface, deep  >:(  Hurry up  >:D

Anonymous

We need the information before we can go any further this may have come from the same pond in the dog park that wasn’t a dog park

*Nick*

ok sorry sorry sorry…we fell fast asleep  :-[

vet says it’s superficial pyoderma probably caused by the heat and the fact that she’s swimming so much. Recommended no swimming and a course of anti-b’s – novolexin to be precise.

It initially broke out under her front legs, in her armpits…spotty, bumpy, slightly pussy and red….followed by some hair loss in the affected area and a drying up of the spots leading to a crusty skin……has spread to between her back legs as well now

this is what it looks like

*Nick*

also, I thought withchywoo just referred to “natural remedies” not to a specific person  :-[

more info;

it’s definitely bothering her but as I’ve said before she’s a very stoic girl and isn’t prone to obsessive scratching or chewing

thing is she’s also fighting the coccidia right now which is either the reason that she got the pyoderma or the pyoderma is the reason she got the coccidia  :-\  whatever her immune system is definitely down

mudgie, why do you say liver? she’s been having liver for treats the last couple of weeks and liver ‘juice’ (the water that the liver was boiled in) on her food also

she doesn’t have fleas and is on Revolution once a month for fleas, ticks mites heartworm

vet said to me, it’s nice to see a dog that is allowed to be a dog  ::) — easy for her to say

I told the vet that I was concerned about giving Anti B’s because her system is down already and wouldn’t they hurt the situation? She said the thing to do was to get rid of the pyo first through a 2 week course of antibiotics, then reevaluate    –I said I’d get back to her

that’s about all I can think of and i know you’ve probably gone to bed

kizkiznobite

did the vet consider that the revolution treatment maybe knocking the immune system…has a thyroid check been suggested?

sodium bicarb and borax mixed to a paste with hydro.peroxide is what i used on Zak dog…he had it real bad bless him

*Nick*

no mention of the revolution as a cause and no mention of thyroid tests

“sodium bicarb and borax mixed to a paste with hydro.peroxide ”  that sounds painful!  Isn’t borax bleach?    so the idea is to keep it as sterile and dry as possible ? with the borax and the hydro actually killing the bugs?

kizkiznobite

it worked for zak…it was in grans diary as a skin treatment…i was desperate…also add apple cider vinegar to her water…am sure val will come up with something too

*Nat*

Poor girlie, hope you find something to help it  :-*

Anonymous
    quote :

Isn’t borax bleach?

and H202 is also bleach – do you have the term “peroxide blonde” in canada 😉

claire x

Anonymous

Interesting you should say this Bev as thats not far off the mix for the ear cleaner which I am sure would work.
    I would say benzoyl peroxide shampoo twice weekly, and then appling a Benzoyl Peroxide gel daily.
    And get that immune boosted.
    Have only just got back from Bounemouth am now off to my neighbours to celebrate his 95th birthday won’t be that long then I will sort out some remedies
    Val

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12148.msg233900#msg233900 date=1217626654]
    did the vet consider that the revolution treatment maybe knocking the immune system…has a thyroid check been suggested?

sodium bicarb and borax mixed to a paste with hydro.peroxide is what i used on Zak dog…he had it real bad bless him
    [/quote]

*Nick*

Thanks Bev and Val.

Went out today and bought Vit E, Selenium and Hydro Peroxide spray.  I already have Apple cider Vinegar , St. Johns Wort and Cod liver oil

How much should I give her? The Sel tablets are 250mcg, the Vit E capsules are 400iu…Sadie is now 25 kgs (the little tubby)    It’s very easy to give her pills as she eats them with her food without really noticing.

I take it Benzoyl Peroxide is different than Hydro Peroxide?  :-[

I emailed Sadies breeder and she said she’s never had any skin conditions with any of her Blues or Red and Whites , uses no flea or tick control and only vaccinates for rabies…but her dogs don’t live like Sadie does. She also feeds raw and asked about her diet.

*sigh* sometimes it all seems like there’s too much to learn  🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime