Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Pyoderma + witchiewoo = ?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Pyoderma + witchiewoo = ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    *Lassie*

*sigh* sometimes it all seems like there’s too much to learn

Stick with it Nick you are doing fine 😉 :-* :-*to Sadie

Mudgie

what about milk thistle Val ?  and some anti-histimane  ???  or is it too far gone for milk thistle – would it not help with it recurring  :-\

hi nick how is she doing?

Anonymous

No Mudgie Milk Thistle is used for the liver, At the moment I would wait while the immune system gets a boost, and let Nick continue with the shampoo’s and cream, I have some things we can try but lets see if we get any improvement with the bare minimum.
    Val

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=12148.msg234393#msg234393 date=1217851690]
    what about milk thistle Val ?  and some anti-histimane  ???  or is it too far gone for milk thistle – would it not help with it recurring  :-\
    [/quote]

Mudgie

okay wise witchy woo wuman

Anonymous

Heehee witchy woo, I love it.  ;D

*Nick*

thanks all,

Sadie was a bit rough over the weekend, very lethargic, loose stool , got puffed easily and generally off. however, it appears she’s turned a corner…yesterday and today her stool was firm and “healthy” , her appetite was good and her energy is returning (hard to tell because it’s been over 30 degrees) .

Her pyoderma is progressing nicely I think..no new spots, skin is no longer pink/red, dry and clean, crusty stuff has gone just a couple on her front legs, not bothering her

She hasn’t been swimming since last tuesday and she’s not happy about that, we’ve kept her walks calm and short, just been doing some brain work with her

we’ve been giving her Vit E (1 capsule), Selenium (1/4 tablet), cod liver oil, sardines, scrambled eggs, mashed, carrots, a small beef bone (all I had) , some apple cider vinegar in her water, a little garlic

for the pyoderma, have just kept it clean with hydro peroxide , going to look for the benz per tomorrow

we’ll see how she is tomorrow, hopefully the improvement will continue

kizkiznobite

hope she soon back up to speed  :-*

Sweetypye

A caveat, you are giving CLO which contains Vitamin A, as do sardines, eggs, carrots and no doubt your commercial or raw/cooked food.

Be very careful you are not overdoing the Vitamin A which can cause skin problems and is toxic to the liver; you may be wiser to consider Fish Body oil instead that does not contain the fat soluble vitamins A and D

glad she is starting to do better, thats great  🙂

*Nick*

The Sel and Vit E she’s had every day, but the other things we’re staggering so she’s only having 1 source of Vit A per day.  I saw a few varieties of Fish oil in the drug store, I’ll pick some up.

Is this a good time for yoghurt? Vit C any use?

Sweetypye

Vitamin C is a natural anti histamine so may help.

If you are choosing a FBO make sure it states the EPA and DHA content and feed with Vitamin E preferably natural not synthetic.  Costs more but is more available to dog.

Probiotics will help if the dog has any yeast overgrowths

so glad shes feeling a bit better Nick  :-*

*Nick*

quick update;  we’re definitely winning the battle at the moment, skin is clearing up nicely, just some slight pinkness left and a bit of dead skin flaking off..energy is good, appetite good, stool slightly soft but good, hair starting to grow back

thanks everyone for their well wishes  :-*

*Lassie*

That’s good news Nick ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime