Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Pyoderma + witchiewoo = ?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Pyoderma + witchiewoo = ?

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Great News, now I think you need to change the shampoo to Coal Tar read the following for why  ;D
    Coal tar has mild antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects, and relieves itching. It is also absorbed into the skin cells and is thought to inhibit DNA replication in these cells. This slows down cell division and stops the cells from multiplying excessively. In turn, this reduces thickening and scaling of the skin.
    Plus it smells lovely and clean
    Val

Coal tar may also work by breaking down keratin, a protein that forms part of the skin structure. This helps the skin cells shed from the treated area, thus reducing the thickening and scaling.

[quote author=*Nick* link=topic=12148.msg235855#msg235855 date=1218462381]
    quick update;  we’re definitely winning the battle at the moment, skin is clearing up nicely, just some slight pinkness left and a bit of dead skin flaking off..energy is good, appetite good, stool slightly soft but good, hair starting to grow back

thanks everyone for their well wishes  :-*
    [/quote]

Sweetypye

A caveat, coal tar can be extremely drying for the skin which can aggravate a condition rather than help it; also I am not sure what colour your dog’s coat is but it can also discolour light coats…….

*Nick*

Thanks Val!  Coal tar shampoo?  Wonder where I can get that? Sounds like just the thing at this point.   I’ll have a look round.  Would it be at a pet store or at the drug store?

*Nick*

[quote author=Sweetypye link=topic=12148.msg235861#msg235861 date=1218464465]
    A caveat, coal tar can be extremely drying for the skin which can aggravate a condition rather than help it; also I am not sure what colour your dog’s coat is but it can also discolour light coats…….
    [/quote]

thanks sweetypye, I’ll keep an eye out for excessive drying
    You don’t know what colour my dogs coat is? ferpetessake woman there’s 200 pictures of her on this site and 3 in this very post! take the beergoggles off !  😉

Anonymous

It will make her colours stand out a treat have used it on show cockers makes the roans dazzle  ;D
    Not sure about the make your side but here a good one is made by Vetzyme you want one made for dogs.
    I have never had drying or colour change with Coal Tar (think I know a bit about skins/hair/and coats) but it will remove any dandruff type bits on her skin just a couple of baths over a fortnight three weeks
    Val

[quote author=*Nick* link=topic=12148.msg235862#msg235862 date=1218464517]
    Thanks Val!  Coal tar shampoo?  Wonder where I can get that? Sounds like just the thing at this point.   I’ll have a look round.  Would it be at a pet store or at the drug store?
    [/quote]

Sweetypye

http://www.hiltonherbs.co.uk/canine/canine_coatandskin.cfm?cfid=31042221&cftoken=85651118

Hilton herbs do a shampoo with Coal tar, Neem and Tea Tree Oil.

Mudgie

we washed with coal tar when growing up  ;D  lovely smell  ;D  nice memories of gran

Anonymous

I remember,  there was also Lifeboy soap that had a lovely clean smell  ;D

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=12148.msg235873#msg235873 date=1218466668]
    we washed with coal tar when growing up  ;D  lovely smell  ;D  nice memories of gran
    [/quote]

*Nick*

Ok, got the coaltar shampoo, went for a 3 hour walk then had a bath.  I hope it works but right now it doesn’t matter cause she smells deLovely!  ;D

Yuk,i hate the smell of coal tar soap  😛

love the smell of it – HOney has coal tar shampoo makes her smell all yummy  ;D

Nick am real glad Sadies picking up now  :-*

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime