Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Question for the Groomers

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Question for the Groomers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Mudgie

cos I love to read about your “clients”

what is your favourite breed of dog to groom?

what is your nightmare groom?

what is the highest maintenance  ;D

Anonymous

I do love my poodles
    My nighmare is smelly wet knotty cockers
    That would depend on how well the owners were looking after the coats, size for size I would say the OES is a challenge  ;D

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=12246.msg236653#msg236653 date=1218922971]
    cos I love to read about your “clients”

what is your favourite breed of dog to groom?

what is your nightmare groom?

what is the highest maintenance  ;D

[/quote]

Mudgie

do some breeds like a pampering more than others ?

Anonymous

IMO it’s about the groomer if you stack grooming dogs like Suz had too when she worked for *** you are always playing catch up bit like the Generation Game your looking at the last dog while working on the next  ;D
    I don’t groom that way I start a dog and finish a dog then move on to the next one, that way I get to know each dog I groom, most dogs love it, the dog will tell you what it will put up with and what it doesn’t like.
    For example I have two dryers one is very powerful some dogs hate that one in their faces but are fine with the other.
    Also have a westie that hates her front feet being in the bath it makes her panic (think she may have been half drowned some where) so she puts her front feet on my Peke box and she’s fine.
    Val

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=12246.msg236776#msg236776 date=1218988298]
    do some breeds like a pampering more than others ?
    [/quote]

I agree virtually 100% with Val  ;D nothing worse than a wet (you missed the fat bit Val shame on you!!) smelly matted cocker – but like all dogs if they well loved and cared for most are lovely to groom.

My favourite breeds are poodles too  ;D and I like wesites which is good – I sure groom enough  ;D

Im not sure any breed likes grooming more than others…………but I do some dogs who think its the best thing EVER! Including a bichon who sings when she sees me oh and was grooming a labradoodle the other day when i realised he was nearly asleep – had to nudge him to wake him up  😀

I do love my job  ;D

xtine

andmeyouliketogroommeAuntySuz….yousaidyoudidyoulovemedon’tyou?  :-\ Fritz

*Lassie*

You would love Willow Suz, she lays down to be groomed as soon as you pick up a brush then groans with pleasure all the time you are grooming her ::)

Anonymous

Never mind Suz thats my sort of dog  ;D

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=12246.msg236818#msg236818 date=1219000380]
    You would love Willow Suz, she lays down to be groomed as soon as you pick up a brush then groans with pleasure all the time you are grooming her ::)
    [/quote]

[quote author=Val link=topic=12246.msg236820#msg236820 date=1219000501]
    Never mind Suz thats my sort of dog  ;D

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=12246.msg236818#msg236818 date=1219000380]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

bog off she said me first  ;D  ;D  ;D

Awww Fritzy I DO love you – you not a bad boy, cept when your bashing me in the gob  😀  :-*

I do like doing Rough Collies, none right now too much mess for someones house – one day maybe  🙂

*Lassie*

I do like doing Rough Collies, none right now too much mess for someones house – one day maybe

We got rid of the carpet years ago ;D damp mop soon picks up the hair

not by time ive finished with a hairdryer  >:D  😀

Mudgie

I think why I find your stories so interesting is because you can sense the love you have for your job in your posts  ;D

Anonymous

Bog off she said Bog off to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I did – and you go read gossip and you REALLY not having Wilow to groom now  ;D

Val I loves ya really  ;D  :-*

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=12246.msg236846#msg236846 date=1219006796]
    I think why I find your stories so interesting is because you can sense the love you have for your job in your posts  ;D
    [/quote]

I could bore you to tears talking about my work I love it  ;D

Anonymous

Have always loved it some days I wish all the dogs would groom themselves but I do love turning out a good looking dog.
    Since I have lived here it’s crazy I could work seven days a week but age is telling on me  ;D can’t go down the town without dogs jumping up my legs if hubby is in a hurry he won’t take me as I meet to many dogs that I groom  ;D

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=12246.msg236846#msg236846 date=1219006796]
    [/quote]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime