Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Quick question – boiling chicken

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Quick question – boiling chicken

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi all, Toby still a bit off colour tonight but Al, my trusty man in the kitchen, is at work.  Got chicken breast for Toby’s tea, how long do I boil it for, cut into bits first etc?  How wierd is that, only ever fry or bake it!

Til its done!  Poke it in the middle and see if its still raw or cooked.  You can cut it up or shred it, i doubt if Toby will mind  🙂

Cool, thanks lovey, had a bit of a moment there just looking at it thinking ‘now is it def safe to BOIL chicken’!  :-*  :-*  :-*

Yeah! Its lovely like that, although for humans you’d poach it in a nice stock probs, makes it lovely and moist  🙂

Mudgie

and give him the water once it is cooled down  😉  dont boil it though just simmer it – boil it and you will take all the goodness out it

Thanks guys, he very little, so another question, how much can he have, I know it is to be potato with a bit of chicken rather than a lot of chicken, he weighs 6.7kg?

He loved it, gave him about half of what I cooked and it has stayed down.  Do you lot reckon he could have the leftover mash and chick cold for breakfast if poorly tums or should I cook up a fresh batch in the AM? 

*Lassie*

[quote author=TobyTeaCosy and Angela link=topic=12226.msg236306#msg236306 date=1218653807]
    He loved it, gave him about half of what I cooked and it has stayed down.  Do you lot reckon he could have the leftover mash and chick cold for breakfast if poorly tums or should I cook up a fresh batch in the AM? 
    [/quote]

He can have the leftovers 😉

Thank you, saves me cooking chicken and tatties first thing!  He loved it, was a joy to watch after he been ill and he really enjoyed it!

Crafty1980

The last simmering session i did was with 4 breasts and it took no time at all… About 10-15mins! Hope the pooch feels better soon! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime