Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

"Heel Close!" My beloved dog is doing my nut

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion "Heel Close!" My beloved dog is doing my nut

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi,

no worries  !!

providing you can get out the village with all this snow – me and the muppets will be free either thurs or fri but not sure which yet !  no worries about nearly drowning my dog – you wern’t to realise that i have the only dog in the whole world who cannot swim doggy paddle !!!!

i can see how Rafe wouldnt exactly mix well with non doggy people – i mean to me he seems perfectly polite but i’m not sure his ‘greets’ are entirely compatible with non dog people 😉 !!!  I can also imagine his inpromptu showers are not that welcome either lol !!

more helpful tips – go walking with someone who has more than 1 dog, its much harder to control 2 or 3 dogs in a good heel-close and you’ll look much better and be more smug – hehe 🙂

Claire x

Anonymous

Hee hee. I too drive 2 mins down the road to get out of 500yrds of “heel close”!!! The snow doesnt help as it is soooooo exciting!

Justine&Rafe

On the plus side we had fun today with Rafe “helping” me build one GIANT snowman goalkeeper, and a wall of 3 defenders – I’ll post the pix up when I can erm, get my backside in gear and load them onto the computer…

He LIKES snowmen – expecially when they’re at that large ball stage – although they don’t last as long as you’d expect when you try to eat them.

Good thing there’s lots of snow spare!!

😀 😀
    the kids in our street built 3 snowmen, a big, middle and little one. my bud and jess later went over to investigate. all of a sudden i see them looking very pleased with themselves and munching something…. they had stolen the carrots from the snowmens noses!  😮 😮

*Lassie*

[quote author=dogloverwoooo! link=topic=13466.msg259503#msg259503 date=1233600111]
    😀 😀
    the kids in our street built 3 snowmen, a big, middle and little one. my bud and jess later went over to investigate. all of a sudden i see them looking very pleased with themselves and munching something…. they had stolen the carrots from the snowmens noses!   😮 😮
    [/quote]

At least they didn’t pee on them ;D

True  ;D

Justine&Rafe

Love it!  Doggy vandals!

BTW – snowmen collapsed last night – BOOOOOO.

Will have fun letting Rafe finish the demolition job – he’s so good at destroying things!

Justine&Rafe

NEWS FLASH NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!

Rafe and I had a Good Walk today!!

Started off with the usual Crazy Lady stuff, but by the time we’d gotten to the bottom of the ice-rink – I mean road, he was being GOOD!  :surprise:

And all the way back only turning round once!  :surprise:  :surprise:  :surprise:

Result – me being in a happy mood after taking him out on the lead!  Just have to see if he remembers for next time…

deebee

pleased for you justine, i really am  😛

mine not seen snow before from the way he reacted to it. soon realised it was great fun, even if he was on the lead, can still a great bum tuck figure 8. nearly had me over twice!!

Anonymous

WELL DONE JUS & RAFE !!!! 🙂

I look forward to seeing it later in the week 🙂

Claire x

Thats excellant Justine well done  🙂

Justine&Rafe

HAD to update on this!!

Just took my boss’s car in to the garage across the road from where I live.  Mechanic says… “erm, by the way, what are you doing with your dog?  Are you training him?”

And then it dawns on me – The Crazy Lady demonstration has obviously not gone unnoticed.

Just in case any of you thought you were getting away with it – They DO notice.

I tried to explain, but the more I talked the more Crazy Lady I sounded.

Hey ho!  :happy:

Anonymous

Well done! That is great to hear!

:ugly: everyones watching you!!

Justine&Rafe

OK, so following on from the success of last week’s enjoyable walk, and the crazy lady at the petrol station incident, Rafe and I went for a long walk today.

1) Over icy (slippery) ground

2) along a thin pathway by the road (on lead)

3) for a long way (to get 3a – cash and 3b – fish and chips with said cash)

4) To eat the fish and chips as we walked along the canal (nice and off lead). 

The prize itself was great.  The obstacles almost insurmountable….

When RAFE THE WONDER DOG came through!!  He (eventually) resigned himself to his fate of a long walk before he could go off lead, and even, bless him, didn’t pull me over on the slippery ice, but WALKED SLOWLY next to me.

We traversed the ice sheets of almost certain upending, down the narrow path of fear, through the petrol station of temptation (cash point), and then up the steep hill of slippery…ness.  To reach  Mecca – The fish and chip shop.  Which was closed.

Gutted.

So we went back and had a nice walk along the canal and by the river, and home.  And I could have kissed him so many times.  Except he’s gross and eats poo.  So proud.  He didn’t take advantage of me not being able to hold him at all.  He did eat lots of corned beef though, which was perhaps why the walk was so successful.

I reckon that that gets me a criteria 2 breakthrough.  Going to have to work on that so we can get success at higher criteria.  Still, wouldn’t have believed it a few weeks ago.  All it takes to get him back by my side is for me to stop and give him “the look”.  Sooooo pleased!!!  :butt:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime