Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Re: Deedee dogs hormones

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Re: Deedee dogs hormones

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    kizkiznobite

great to read this dee and just caught up on the hormone probs etc…poor lado but glad to know my instincts were on the right track…….how is now after the nuts off?..you will have a lot of learnt behaviour in there and watch his weight too….have you got him on valarian?

hugs to the BBB xxxxx

deebee

he still seems to be getting over the GA. he is only getting some pootle walks and thats enough.  hes happy to go but tires out quickly. seems to be a long time though  :-\. physically healing well.

valerian, no not at the moment. 

yep, his weight, got a lecture from the vet nurse about what i was feeding him, my must have eyes glazed over. she gave me a look that said ‘you are ignorant i know best’.  they sell hills i think, didnt look that hard.

Val

Never had a problem bonding with any dog now………………..people thats another topic  :crazy:

kizkiznobite

neither had I, then we got samtoo haha…..although that was more him – me than me – him….

must admit have had odd moments with cubert when it not been ‘right’ and he is now very much mo’s dog although i adore him and am proud of him…we dont have the ‘mental extra link’ that i have with thelou or had with brose and polly etc…we have a bond but it not as intense and there has been times when i was in this not going to happen mode….actually…at 5 am this morning when he was trying to get me up by bringing me one book after another doing ‘good carry’ from the book case to the pillow that i could have quite happily have shoved him outside…. >:D…..

Val

You need a girlie  :yes:

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=13497.msg262219#msg262219 date=1236518592]
    neither had I, then we got samtoo haha…..although that was more him – me than me – him….

must admit have had odd moments with cubert when it not been ‘right’ and he is now very much mo’s dog although i adore him and am proud of him…we dont have the ‘mental extra link’ that i have with thelou or had with brose and polly etc…we have a bond but it not as intense and there has been times when i was in this not going to happen mode….actually…at 5 am this morning when he was trying to get me up by bringing me one book after another doing ‘good carry’ from the book case to the pillow that i could have quite happily have shoved him outside…. >:D…..
    [/quote]

kizkiznobite

yep…but….izzie having a girlie so….will be a close aunt …can hand back  ;D

mo now wants a chessy  ::)

i would like a sussex  ::)

told her…well they similar colour  ;D ;D

am just so pleased dee got there with the BBB..he sure a bit of a handful and he clearly had a problem…can honestly say now dee has posted…that i have never seen reaction from other dogs to a hormone problem so bad….inga …meryls lab, same age soft as tripe, loves playing with anything that moves…took one look and literally screamed…it was real freaky, poor lado didnt even get in sniffing distance and he was so confused and just wanted to greet her…she backed into a corner and really did scream..not a growl or a bark just this high pitched screaming…ami had been telling me but had been following the stand off cue and under cue had let him near her but she was shaking in her boots..when ami and i stayed with them ami wouldnt interact with him but izzies girls…both spayed did…so i then tested him on a load of other girlies, different breeds, ages, but entire, brood lasses etc they just went into get away from me mode …it was weird and disturbing but real odd because male entire dogs were fine around him…
    dee would like to see those bloodtest results can you post them on the board….

anyway…glad it sorted

Val

Thats a new one on me could understand if both sexes did not like him but just the girlies MMmm those blood tests will be interesting

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=13497.msg262226#msg262226 date=1236520178]
    yep…but….izzie having a girlie so….will be a close aunt …can hand back  ;D

mo now wants a chessy  ::)

i would like a sussex  ::)

told her…well they similar colour  ;D ;D

am just so pleased dee got there with the BBB..he sure a bit of a handful and he clearly had a problem…can honestly say now dee has posted…that i have never seen reaction from other dogs to a hormone problem so bad….inga …meryls lab, same age soft as tripe, loves playing with anything that moves…took one look and literally screamed…it was real freaky, poor lado didnt even get in sniffing distance and he was so confused and just wanted to greet her…she backed into a corner and really did scream..not a growl or a bark just this high pitched screaming…ami had been telling me but had been following the stand off cue and under cue had let him near her but she was shaking in her boots..when ami and i stayed with them ami wouldnt interact with him but izzies girls…both spayed did…so i then tested him on a load of other girlies, different breeds, ages, but entire, brood lasses etc they just went into get away from me mode …it was weird and disturbing but real odd because male entire dogs were fine around him…
    dee would like to see those bloodtest results can you post them on the board….

anyway…glad it sorted
    [/quote]

Izzie

Jess interacted with him, but Trixie didnt…But then Trixie is a people dog- she prefers people to other dogs.

kizkiznobite

i was wavering at times…between female hormones/male hormones…in the end i said to dee need a full analysis….i suspected the high female hormones when cubert tried to sexually mount and ami was in s/he a threat mode…but then in a few hours it was male hormone and cubert was in you is a threat she my girlie and ami was yeah okish but dont fancy you..but as on the other thread there was an increase in both….bless him…no wonder he was confuddled…and he such a love…

kizkiznobite

thats so izz…but..she didnt want to kill him…one of the lasses i tested him with has had 3 litters…is a strong lass but a good manager and tolerant, i have never seen her react as she did to anything….we in a controlled situation, neutral ground and leashed…8ft between them but she fired as soon as she got wind of him…

Izzie

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=13497.msg262233#msg262233 date=1236521292]
    thats so izz…but..she didnt want to kill him…one of the lasses i tested him with has had 3 litters…is a strong lass but a good manager and tolerant, i have never seen her react as she did to anything….we in a controlled situation, neutral ground and leashed…8ft between them but she fired as soon as she got wind of him…
    [/quote]

Student mode kicking in, is that usual??

kizkiznobite

what a ‘bitch’ threat…lord yes can be…you have seen ami around cubert…she will do the he mine around other entire lasses and if they didnt appease she would go into strong management mode…
    it a resource thing….it’s life’s drive…what else biologically do they exsist for…it strips them off to the genetic basics of survival…girlie fights are the worse there is…

Val

Much worse than anything a male can do they start in killer mode  :agree: but if you have a balanced house they are also the easiest to live with but you have to keep your finger on the button with them always
    Val

girlie fights are the worse there is…

Izzie

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=13497.msg262236#msg262236 date=1236521716]
    what a ‘bitch’ threat…lord yes can be…you have seen ami around cubert…she will do the he mine around other entire lasses and if they didnt appease she would go into strong management mode…
    it a resource thing….it’s life’s drive…what else biologically do they exsist for…it strips them off to the genetic basics of survival…girlie fights are the worse there is…
    [/quote]

No, I meant the hormone inbalance in males- is it usual for entire girlies to kick off

Found the answer on the other thread though  :-[

kizkiznobite

i have come across the higher female hormone production in males …always suspected falkor being of the ilk…have also come across the higher male hormone in females…once had a choc lab that was way up iand beyond help bless her…it common esp after spaying…havnt experienced a high of both to such an extent…and dont know enough about this without further study but from observing max it was apparent that it ‘waivered’ ..there would also have been other hormones influencing too…

just like in a castrated male being assessed by an entire male and the sometimes confusion…in a male putting out the female hormones then yep a female would kick off as scent would be telling her the threat but siight and body language would be saying male ..so double wammy on the confusion which is what i suspect with inga…she ‘scented’ female but saw male…and went into me not like….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime