Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

really bad car sickness

Home Archive Forums General Category Puppy talk really bad car sickness

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Travis 1

Need some advice for Stanley,from the time he has come to us he has suffered really bad car sickness,e just about manage a 10 min car ride to our local park before he is sick,even then though he is soaking wet from where he is drooling,we have always taken Travis to the Gower every weekend but this has stopped since Stanley came to live with us,we have tried to keep him as low down in the car as possible but it makes no difference :(,e have also tried building up the journey but once we pass ten mins he is really sick,he also hates the car as soon as he realises he is going in the car he tries to get back in the house,he has a cage in the boot of the car which he shares with Travis,we have made sure we haven’t reinforced his fear of the car by ignoring his behaviour,I have also tried sitting on the back seat ith him but he is still really sick,hope someone has some ideas.Stanley is 6 months old,hope we can get this sorted as my little cheeky boy is missing out on great walks along the Gower coast

Izzie

you tried him on a bit of ginger?

Travis 1

Never thought of that used to nibble ginger nuts for morning sickness,in which form shall I offer him the ginger,biscuit or raw,,and how long before I put him in the car shall I give it to him

Val

Get him out of the boot it’s much more bouncing in the boot.
    My advice is get him on sealegs for every trip in the car
    Feed him in the car without it moving that will start to give him confidence in the car over time he will stop thinking it’s the dreaded car thats making him sick.
    You could always try wrapping him tight in a t-shirt.
    But the first thing on the list is get him low and into the middle of the car, he can go back in the boot when he has stopped being sick
    Guide Dogs always train their pups into the front well
    Val

*Nat*

Aww it’s horrible, I remember when we first got Piper she was sick everytime we went in the car but eventually got used to it with short journeys etc. As with Sky, she loves the car, can’t keep her out of itΒ  πŸ˜€

Travis 1

Thankyou ladies will try him in the well of the car in the morning πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime