Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

recommendations please – dog for someone

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs recommendations please – dog for someone

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    *Nick*

Ok, a lawyer at the wifes work and his wife want to get a new dog. He used to have a GSD according to him,  although I suspect it wasn’t and was just a “brown dog” and he loved it very much.  It had to be put to sleep at 10 because of severe arthritis.  Anyway, my point is they’re very good people and will love and care for a dog but they’re idiots.  ::)  He wants another GSD and she wants, and I quote, “a small dog, like a Labrador”  :canadian: 
    They want a dog that will be “good around the house but likes to go for walks” .  Good around the house translates to me that they want a very calm dog .

I’ve suggested a Greyhound rescue or a whippet.  They live in the city so being off-lead isn’t really an option anyway, they have no cats and there’s no couch potato like a greyhound couch potato.  :yes:

Does this seem like a reasonable match?  I’ve lent them my Fogle breed book and made them promise to read it, so we’ll see what they come up with. Should be interesting  😀

Mudgie

they happy to get a rescue or do they want a pupster

*Nick*

i think they’d be fine with a rescue.

Mudgie

you should take them along to a rescue centre – tell them to go with open mind  :agree:  lots of nice doggies that need love and care and wont be too mudge of a culture shock to them

hannah17

Seemed they are much responsible dog owner, let them visit a rescue or shelter house look for a dog who they will easily fall in love.

*Nick*

Does anyone else consider the Lab a small dog?

Although yesterday we met a 3 year old yellow lab that was smaller than Sadie! Very fit, healthy ..just tiny.

The wife is working on them, trying to get them to a rescue centre, we’ll see how it goes.

:nono: not when i have been ran over by one Nick  :canadian:

*Lassie*

[quote author=hannah17 link=topic=12362.msg239216#msg239216 date=1220501040]
    Seemed they are much responsible dog owner, let them visit a rescue or shelter house look for a dog who they will easily fall in love.
    [/quote]

You are new here Hannah, how about putting an introduction up, what dogs you have ages,sex, breed ;D
    Why there is a link to website that sells shock collars at the bottom of your posts ??? :boooo:
    http://www.americaoutdoor.com/products/shockcollars.aspx

*Nick*

Yup, nothing breaks knees like a lab!  :agree:

one of my labs is small, shes really athletic and has a small build, a real worky fit little girl. my other is a big chunky ‘classic labrador’ a real softie and much more layed back.

You are new here Hannah, how about putting an introduction up, what dogs you have ages,sex, breed ;D
    Why there is a link to website that sells shock collars at the bottom of your posts ??? :boooo:
    http://www.americaoutdoor.com/products/shockcollars.aspx
    [/quote]

:what: shock collars  :what:  :nono: :nono:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime