Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Residential Dog Training

Home Archive Forums Dogs Where can I find ……? Residential Dog Training

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    cjane

Thought I’d look into attending a residential dog training course (me plus dog).  Like the sound of a dedicated week (or so) of training with good instructors, to work on things in a controlled environment.  Willing to travel, but Scotland or North England preferred.

Anyone attended any or know of any good ones?

CJ

kizkiznobite

cj…why think of taking him out of the environment…you just have to take him back,…back to that criteria…am here if you need me

Anonymous

Why on earth do you not get Bev up for one of her one to one five day courses it would be cheaper than what you are looking at they range between 400 to 600 hundred the sort of best are the 600 Bev is a lot less than that think she’s about 200ish plus you get one to one
    Think you need to get on sorting this dog out like more doing and less thinking IMO
    Val

Anonymous

Hi,

most residential dog training is “dog only”

Claire x

Sweetypye

Depends what you mean by residential.  Wagmore do fabulous weeks but you have to find your own accommodation in nearby B & Bs etc.

http://www.learningaboutdogs.com/html/holidays___weekends.html

kizkiznobite

yep…they brill  🙂

Anonymous

there is also one – i think its colliewobbles – do a week sheepdog training and I am going once i’ve saved up!!!!!

you have a web site for these claire? If its acceptable to my course i’m wanting to do sheepdog training as one of my disciplines  :yes: maybe you could pm it to me so i don’t hijack cj’s thread too much  ;D

cjane

Just thought it would be good to get away for a few days.  Away from environment that may be causing pooch (and me!) to stress out.  Away from roads and cars where we can work on basic skills, building our relationship and maybe tackle his aggression issues in a controlled environment.  The Wagmore weeks look interesting.

Also, I’m still looking for a behaviourist/trainer I can work with locally.  I’d like to find some-one who has their own dogs we can work with, to have one-to-one sessions with, on a regular basis, and who can follow-up after giving us stuff we can do ourselves. I have a contact I’ll be following up this week, fingers crossed.

CJ

Anonymous
    quote :

Also, I’m still looking for a behaviourist/trainer I can work with locally.  I’d like to find some-one who has their own dogs we can work with, to have one-to-one sessions with, on a regular basis, and who can follow-up after giving us stuff we can do ourselves. I have a contact I’ll be following up this week, fingers crossed.

to be honest, they are as rare as hens teeth CJ, it’ll be cheaper and better for you to get bev up for the week – she isnt scarey i promise !!

Claire x

Sweetypye

Is Yvonee near you?

http://www.darcregan.co.uk/

cjane

Thanks Sweetypye, yes I’ve seen Yvonne for a couple of sessions, it was very helpful but she said we needed regular sessions and she was unable to take on any new clients due to other commitments.  I have another contact I’m following up, will be meeting him soon.

CJ

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime