Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Reunited after 5 years

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs in the News Reunited after 5 years

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    -Alison-
    Anonymous

There was a case in the UK where a dog from Ireland was found living in England after it vanished around 7 years ago who also had a micro chip. Of course it does raise one rather important question – surely during all the years the dog was missing it must have come into contact with a vet at least once for treatment or vacs – so why the hell wasn’t it scanned for a chip?

What is the point of paying for a micro chip if nobody bothers to look for one? I think it’s a waste of time & money implanting a chip if nobody actually uses a scanner at any point during a dogs life/treatment – if ALL vets automatically scanned each new dog that turned up in thier practice then things like this could be prevented.

I think vets could play a very big part in reducing theft of dogs if it was made a vets responsibility to scan all new dogs they treat, then people wouldn’t spend years thinking thier beloved pet was dead. If the system is just not being properly utilized or monitored by the very people who put the implants inside the dogs then what hope do any of us stand of being reunited with missing pets?

It just doesn’t make any sense for vets to be telling us all how important & responsible it is make sure our dogs are fitted with a microchip when they themselves are not taking it seriously.

Anonymous

mark – chips can move … they can not read one day, and be fine a week after etc …

mist is registered chipped but i’ve scanned her twice now and i’ll be jiggered if i can find it!

claire x

GSPmad

Chips are still useful if animals are picked up as strays.  🙂

If you are on a one man mission mark it would probably have to be made a law and\or recommendation by the RCVS so you probably need to start with the RCVS and your MP.  ;D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime