Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

right thats it!!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health right thats it!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 427 total)
  • Author

i know i am probly going to get virtually slapped 🙂 for saying this but i am realy conteplating putting stan back on comertial food as he has gone ill again. aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr doG i just wish i knew what was causing it 🙁 :'(

kizkiznobite

signs and symptoms hun and whats he had in the last 48 hours

hi kiz nice to see you back ;D

ok this morning he was panting realy heavy and shaking so i put his straight outside and he had a massive dump. went for short walk and more runny bum, still panting quite heavy but that is normal for him after a walk in the summer. no hot spots and has drank

he didnt eat last night, food was down but he wasnt interested, he did have the knuckle end of a marrow bone during the day though. tuesday he had chick and oats, monday he had chick with few biscuits and sunday he had a little bit of red meat, beef steak.

how quick can the marrow bone go through them? I know it does quick with Honey and even now can give her nice upset tummy  :-\

something will be setting it off, what had he eaten last time he had it ?  :-*

last time he was set off he was eating butchers pet meat, biscuits, fish, bevs porridge (not all together 😀 ) and eating/ teeth bones oh yes and sunflower oil

kizkiznobite

think i said before hun you need to cut down the fat content in his diet – get him off beef for the time being – his gut flora is still adjusting after the last bout – get some pre and pro biotics in him

he had been on chick for a while that was why i gave him a little bit of beef but i will keep him on chick for a while longer.
    pre/ pro biotics do you mean like they one you can buy in tesco?

kizkiznobite

pre biotics – live yoghurt – yakult etc – pro biotics – naturdiet do a powder

GSPmad

and you never got faeces sample done last time did you?  😉

no i didnt unfortunatly :-\ gsp

thanks kiz i will start him on that lot

GSPmad

might be worth doing it this time.  🙂 take it to the vets and shove it on the front desk and say ‘i want this tested’.  ;D

think i might have to :-\i can imagine their faces now 😀 😀

GSPmad

i think it might be worthwhile putting it in a container before you shove it on the desk.  😀 😀 ;D  unless you really don’t like them….  >:D

hiya hows tummy now? did you send off a sample?

hi sorry havent replied sooner. stans tum is a lot better thanks for asking, hes not impressed that hes still on chicken though 😀
    unfortunatly i didnt manage to get a test done 🙁 ive had a realy rough time with money lately and i even went and begged my vet to do a test and give me a IOU type thing and they turned me down :'( so i now feel realy bad

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime