Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

right thats it!!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health right thats it!!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 427 total)
  • Author

bev, val (or anyone) should i stop taking stan out with the bike for now?

Anonymous

I will answer the best I can as I am not a fan of dogs and bikes unless they are breeds that are breed for it or owners that understand the health state of the dog
    But with that said just on the state of his tum I would not add new bike rides until he’s fit
    Val

[quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=11869.msg237580#msg237580 date=1219427398]
    bev, val (or anyone) should i stop taking stan out with the bike for now?
    [/quote]

ok thanks val

*Nat*

How is Stan, Kerrie?

hes :ok: at the moment, hes put his weight back on and is keeping it on which is good. his breathing is concerning me a bit at the moment but i think it might be due to what ever he has got :-\

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=11869.msg237527#msg237527 date=1219397159]
    has he had any urine problems? cysitis etc ?
    [/quote]

how do you know if a dog has a urine track problem?

kizkiznobite

errm well…dog is not weeing as normal..so…either not going enough and then when does it concentrated…or asking to go and cannot then pass anything worth asking for and is in discomfort…depending on how far down the stage it is…then there can be temp increase etc…or when a dip test is done the ph balance is not normal or when a full urine test done there are signs of ascending or descending infection….

oh right.
    do you remember that lump worry post i put a while back, the one were he had a swelling type thing on his dinky sheath and you said it was probly from him feeling a bit horny πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ ;D well hes still doing it but it seems to appear when he needs a wee so i was just wondering thats all

kizkiznobite

it likely that will make him want to wee….to put is crudely…it what my dad called a pishy stand…. πŸ˜€Β  :-[

anyway…just been reading back…and i was on hols when you posted re the panacur…so am a bit confused…. on page 4…did you get the dose/treament from the vets or the pet shop?

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ i jjust thought i would ask again just incase ;D

i got the panacur from P@H and i dosed it by what val and someone else said and when i acctually read the leaflet for the dosage for gardia

kizkiznobite

it also says for the control of gardia contact your vet

and GSP said it different for worms than giardi…

ok…what dose did you give him and what was the full name of a the product and it’s strenght and how heavy is he…..

i gave him two sachets a day accross three days, they were the panacure granules.

he was just under 30kilo i think when i did it

kizkiznobite

the dose for worms…as in worms not giardia or any other protozoa is a 4.5 gm sachet per 10kg…for a protozoa it would be different and woulod need to be exact per body weight….this needed a vet to prescribe an accurate dosage….

oh right :-\ i messed up there then

not your fault kerrie the vet could of been a wee bit more helpfulΒ  :agree:

true, i must admitt they weren’t very impressed when i told them i was getting advice from a forum :nono:

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime