Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

right thats it!!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health right thats it!!

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 427 total)
  • Author

well we are having another fecal test done (the three day one) as gardia didnt show in the second test that was done so if it is still present then it should (fingers crossed) show in that one and then we can treat it, hopefully

i hope so, its been taking forever hasn’t it….hows his tummy at the mo?

hes not to bad at the moment, having a bit of difficulty keeping him a regular weight again but its not as bad as he was, he not dropping it of quicker than you can say dinner (so to speak) like he was last time so there is some progress. hes still energetic and mental :yes: but his poops are still very soft and odd coloured

right things are looking a lot lot better and (fingers crossed, touch wood and the rest) we are on the right track ;D will get the results of the fecal test either 2moz or friday hopefully. ;D

stan will be coming off the steriods soon so is there anything i need to do to support him coming off them

hes looking realy old at the moment :-\ going grey poor boy

good good glad hes feeling better!  ;D

glad he’s doing better apart from looking old, beau has that look too after he’s been really ill for a few days, he must get dehydrated and he looks drawn  🙁

lets hope the test brings some answers and you don’t have to deal with another cycle  :nono:

((hugs))

[quote author=Kerry_and_Beau link=topic=11869.msg242385#msg242385 date=1222286592]
    glad he’s doing better apart from looking old, beau has that look too after he’s been really ill for a few days, he must get dehydrated and he looks drawn  🙁
    [/quote]

thats how stans looking at the moment and hes got lots of grey hair thats appeared

he just needs some space between bouts to recover, but i know how it feels  :yes: i’m at college next weekend with beau and you can feel every bone in his body  🙁 at least everyone there should understand  :yes: its not realy noticable unless you touch him though he has a decent coat  :yes:

once you have gotten to the bottom of this he’ll soon start to recover, i give beau goats milk now he’ll drink loads of that so i mix with water to get extra fluids into him, don’t know if stan could stomach it or if he’d like it…maybe ok?

mm goats milk 😀 😀 been there, he likes it so much he refuses to drink anything else if he knows its available 😀

he is fine weight wise, in fact he put a lot of weight on rather rapidly over the past week, its his face that is looking realy drawn

awww bless him he knows whats good for him  :yes: he’ll look better soon  :yes: its good he can put weight back on so well thats really good  :yes:

i rang the vets this morning and told them that i want to take stan off the steriods as hes doing a lot better, need to speak to the vet to find out how to do it though.

he literally put the wieght on between friday and today 😮 friday his poops were looking normal then on monday i noticed that he was looking a bit podgy so surly that cant be bad ;D

Anonymous

Steroids make you put on weight.

ow do they, didnt know that but hes been on them for about 2-3 weeks so wouldnt he have put the weight on before now?

ok who stole my last post here???? hmm hmm?   :suspious:

suppose they might take a while to kick in? don’t really know how they work, i imagine in a similar way to people though

must have been the board elf :yes:

oh right so the weight gain might not be such a good thing then :-\

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime