Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

right thats it!!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health right thats it!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 427 total)
  • Author

oh i know its awful if i hadn’t had an overdraft when beau’s tummy was really bad all the time my vet would have been the same, now i just have to pay back the overdraft cos the money we got back from the insyrance went on other things…as it does  ::) glad his tummy is better, maybe just start to reintroduce things gradually one at a time, he may have allergies to something in particular i know beau can’t eat peas  ;D

thanks zerlinda, im going to keep him on chicken for at least another 6-8 weeks and then if all goes well (and with kizs help ;D ) i will gradually introduce things until somethings sets him off

good luck i’m sure you’ll be fine, just takes some time is all  ;D

yes i rushed it the first time but im not going to make the same mistake twice 🙂

bev or val can i give him any treats or a kong with PB or something in it? only asking because hes bored and i cant give him any bones

Anonymous

Has he got webbed feet yet  ::) think we all have over here.
    Give him a Kong but I would be a bit more inventive than PB if his gut is still dodgy I would shove bits into a jacket potato and whack that in just incase
    Val

[quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=11869.msg229365#msg229365 date=1215593244]
    bev or val can i give him any treats or a kong with PB or something in it? only asking because hes bored and i cant give him any bones
    [/quote]

sorry took so long for me to reply but this didnt show in my unread topics :-\

no he hasnt got webbed feet yet 😀

sorry not sure what you mean by jacket potatoe stuff.

ok i finaly got round to having a poo test done and the preliminary tests show that he has Giardiasis and camphylobactor :-\ :'(  i have to wait untill next week for a thoughro (sp) culture as they are going to grow them a bit more

*Lassie*

[quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=11869.msg229822#msg229822 date=1215792896]
    ok i finaly got round to having a poo test done and the preliminary tests show that he has Giardiasis and camphylobactor :-\ :'(   i have to wait untill next week for a thoughro (sp) culture as they are going to grow them a bit more
    [/quote]

Nasty 😮
    Know wonder he has the s**ts
    Poor Stan :-*

it scarred the hell out of me when i was told, but onwards and hopefully upwards from here 🙂

beau had the campy thingy which is present naturally to a degree anyway, but i’m guessing its elevated if they are bringing that up…but the girdy thingy is pretty common round here too and what vets suspected (and treated) at first….have they given you drugs? or they waiting for more results?

bev knows lots re this stuff so she’ll be able to give you loads of info…plus lots of info online obviously too….he still settled with the new plain diet at mo? if so thats good, but if i rem correctly (not sure now) but doesn’t girdy strike in bouts? i.e. it gets better (or seems to) and then comes back, i think its something to do with its cycle..  :-\

its just a wait and see what develops at the moment but i would rather see if bev can give me a natural or decent remedy than have the vets keep giving me c**p and telling me i HAVE to have a certain diet like Hills.
    he is still on his chicken diet for the meantime and he isnt to bad on it.
    i have googled the conditions and hunted for them on here but i am going to have a proper look tomorrow as my brains frazzled tonight 🙂

*Lassie*

thanks lassie i will have a proper read of that tomorrow 🙂

good luck with it, but at least now you are getting answers AND can start making some progress  🙂  :-* ((hugs for you both))

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime