Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

right thats it!!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health right thats it!!

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 427 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

What if it’s not a food allergy?

Anonymous

I wonder if he has an ulcer or maybe diverticulitis

[quote author=Mark. link=topic=11869.msg247722#msg247722 date=1225228698]
    [/quote]

*Lassie*

[quote author=Val link=topic=11869.msg247727#msg247727 date=1225229082]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

My Mother has diverticulitis, not nice 🙁 very uncomfortable and can be painful
    Hope you get it sorted soon Kerrie, it must be so frustrating

Anonymous

I have it too it was just a lightbulb moment I have to be so careful what I eat, thing is it won’t show on a normal ex-ray might be worth asking Kerrie
    Val

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=11869.msg247732#msg247732 date=1225229751]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

*Lassie*

[quote author=Val link=topic=11869.msg247749#msg247749 date=1225230355]
    I have it too it was just a lightbulb moment I have to be so careful what I eat, thing is it won’t show on a normal ex-ray might be worth asking Kerrie
    Val

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=11869.msg247732#msg247732 date=1225229751]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

You have my sympathy Val :-*

suz – he hadnt had anything els raw except a marrow bone on sat and lamb ribs on sunday

mark – i have no idea :-\

val – how would you test for something like that, would they have to put him under then shove a tube down his throught or something

so far he has had three poo samples, three lots of ABs, one lot of steroids, two x-rays and a different diet. all samples and x-rays have come back clean so all the thoughts or help will be greatfully recieved and i will put it foward to the vet when i see him next

the vet did say yesterday that if the blood test comes back clear then they may have to do some exploritory surgery but i dont want to put stan through that unless completly necesery

*Lassie*

val – how would you test for something like that, would they have to put him under then shove a tube down his throught or something

The ‘tube’ wouldn’t go down his throat 😉 try the other end :whistle:

:-X owowowowowow i hope he going to be under if they do that, even then he isnt going to be a happy bunny after :surprise:

Dree

Kerry, have they tested for colitis?  This sounds very likely.  Colitis is sometimes treated with steroids, and diet is involved.  Stan is just off steroids, and you changed his diet to include Rmb’s….which a lot of dogs with colitis cannot tolerate.  Have a look at this site:- http://www.vetbase.co.uk/information/colitis-explained.php

Anonymous

Hi,

if its colitis wouldnt it improve with pre + pro biotics ?  worth a pop before a GA i would have thought ??

Claire x

Dree

[quote author=piglet link=topic=11869.msg248158#msg248158 date=1225402299]
    Hi,

if its colitis wouldnt it improve with pre + pro biotics ?  worth a pop before a GA i would have thought ??

Claire x
    [/quote]

It’s certainly worth thinking about before a GA.  I don’t think pre/probiotics would help colitis per se.  Colitis can be quite difficult to treat….it depends what is setting it off.  IF this was my dog, I would start with a bland diet..and by that I mean just one meat source and one carb source..make sure that the dog is okay on that, and then add one food at a time.  If the dog gets the runs, then the last food added is to blame.  I also would not add pre or probiotics until the dog was okay on what was being fed….if it has an “episode” you won’t know if it’s the food, or the pro/prebiotics.  Since there are many causes of colitis, it’s a question of trial and error.  Some dogs do well on a raw diet, but some dogs don’t.  Certainly, Rmb’s should not be added straight away.

Anonymous

hi,

yep i agree with the exclusion diet – Kerrie remind me have you been through one with him ?

bonnie had severe tummy problems when i first had her and i have to say from my experience of raw in the past making wills dog’s tum dodgy i didnt (and still wouldnt) turn to raw / rmb first because bland has worked for me before (chicken + sweet potato).  she was completely incontinent and completely liquid poops for several months before settling on burns fish + rice for some time but eventually became too dehydrated i think because she is a dog that doesnt drink alot.  that is when i swapped her to nd + ld and her poo has become much more manageable for her now 🙂  For a very long time as soon as you gave her ANYTHING different to the burns – ANY treat commercial or not she would just relapse into total mayhem again.  It was well over a year before she could tolerate anything like a pig ear or bones.

claire x

hi kerrie, how is stan?

Anonymous

Kerrie had him on fresh chicken and rice for ages then I remember she tried good old Chappie neither worked
    Val

sorry have only just caught up with this 🙂 will try and answer all questions so sorry if it sound a bit short ;D

the vet has said that it is colitis and that something he is eating is setting him off

sorry what are RMBs?

stan was on chick and rice (as val said) for a while then he went onto chappie and burn, unfortunatly i had to change him onto wainrights as i was finding it difficult affording burns as he was eating so much (due to his extreme weight loss)

stan is absolutly fine now so im not sure what happened or what went wrong, his poops are back to normal no squiggyness at all 😀 for the first time since early june (i think), so i am debating weather to stop the ABs early or not, and believe me if i can find a way to prevent this from happening again then i will do what ever it takes :yes:

if i have missed any questions please remind me and i will try and answer ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime