Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

right thats it!!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health right thats it!!

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 427 total)
  • Author
    Dree

Sorry, I was talking about Burns.

Dree

[quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=11869.msg248531#msg248531 date=1225570461]

he has bikkies in the morning (2 scoops) with one tin of chappie in the evening, if i give him any more he wont eat it and will leave it.

i think ive answered everything :crazy: if i havent then just shout and will try and fill in ;D
    [/quote]

So….you’re feeding Wainwright’s complete (Duck and Rice or Turkey and Rice?) in the morning, and a tin of Chappie in the evening.  Nothing else.  So….it could be down to bones….or the fact that the bones were lamb.  Am I on the right track?

GSPmad

or salmon & potato?  :-\

Dree

[quote author=GSPmad link=topic=11869.msg248656#msg248656 date=1225582772]
    or salmon & potato?  :-\
    [/quote]

Did I miss that one?  I only came up with the two of the Wainwright’s foods.  :-\   Maybe I’m getting too tired?  :sleepy:

Edited to add…..just found it.  Sorry!! Duh.

Anonymous

I hate to state the obvious here, but could we all be looking in the wrong place for the cause to all this? What if it’s nothing to do with the diet?

Anonymous

also

could it have been the bones were off ?

had he been able to snaffle something norty while u were out ?

not sure what esle might have caused it – with bonnie the slightest “non usual diet” thing used to set her off 🙁  she’s better now tho !

claire x

Aly12

I would definitely leave the bones out of his diet for the moment and see if that helps.  I know you say they make his teeth shiny but I am sure there are other things out there that could do the same job without all the other symptons that poor Stan is suffering just now.  If things improve then you could gradually introduce the bones again and see if it upsets him again then you will know for sure that bones are out.  Just my humble opinion but may others may disagree.

[quote author=Mark. link=topic=11869.msg248666#msg248666 date=1225611352]
    I hate to state the obvious here, but could we all be looking in the wrong place for the cause to all this? What if it’s nothing to do with the diet?
    [/quote]

Agree Mark  :yes:- still think were missing something…………hence me asking if stan was ok on bones etc before…..

GSPmad

[quote author=Mark. link=topic=11869.msg248666#msg248666 date=1225611352]
    [/quote]

what are you thinking?

he doesn’t drink sea water or anything does he kerrie?

kizkiznobite

he had giardia….and he was mis-dosed…the after effects of giardia can go on for months…the scarring from an infection can react at the slightest thing…you are feeding him too varied a menu…never mind the he gets bored…if he is hungry he will eat….find him a food that doesnt upset him and give him a teeth cleaning bone a couple of times a week…not a marrow bone…something like a beef rib….and try and keep him off the poor protein crap and meat der. crap

falkor cannot tolerate fatty lamb anymore….it gives him a colitis attack….

http://www.pawsativechoice.com/CanineGiardiasis.html

Anonymous

Is Giardia a bacterial problem Bev?

kizkiznobite

no…it a protozoa…see the link mark  🙂

Anonymous

So basibally even simple tap water could be the potential cause? The article says that Dog owners with positive animals should consider having their own water tested.  :surprise:

There we go think Mark was right – the food aint helping but Kerrie maybe he needs treating again –  :-\

trouble is kerrie the commercial stuff aint gonna help his immune system and while hes trying to get rid of the crap stuff in the food he cant fight the tummy problems  :-*

GSPmad

as i said middle of thread has completely passed me by  :gum: but am guessing he has had further samples done that have come back clear, and the giardia has now gone but it is the after effects? did he ever have a dodgy tummy before the whole giardia business?

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime