Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

right thats it!!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health right thats it!!

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 427 total)
  • Author
    GSPmad

i found a human link saying humans can get a post-giardia lactose intolerance. maybe dogs can get an equivalent sort of thing but not necessarily to lactose (since dogs have some degree of lactose intolerance anyway i believe).

kizkiznobite

standard sampling does not pick always pick up the advance stages…ami had a sample tested every day for 8 days…days 5 to 8 showing all clear…then 9th day’s test was iffy…..day 10 samples went for deep analysis (cannot remember what that test is called but that had to go abroad…at least no..they didnt have to go abroad but ironically that was the cheapest option) ….she was carrying and shedding the various stages ….she was clear by sample day 22…she had the runs on and off for 2 weeks …all fine..then had a set back…samples showed clear deep sample analysis showed a few lone just starting up again beasties…she was sensitive to gluten for the next month…then it was egg…then it was cheese….took lots of immune boosting, pre and pro biotics, natural anitbi’s ( i wont give any other) before it all stopped…interestingly….she was out with a clients dog…they drank out of an iffy pond…clients dog got …cleint called me i sampled and ami was clear…that was about 12 months after her infection…..

i did say back in the thread …i am sure ….that standard tests dont always show positive with these we beggars…

GSPmad

with that sort of stuff you are meant to do pooled samples tho – like 5d worth at a time sent together – to try and catch them aren’t you?  :-\

OMG 😮 im not away from my comp for 24hrs and there are already three pages to read 😀 😀 ;D

ok going to have to look back whilst i type 😀

he is on the duck and rice variety, dree he is fine on the chappie and bikkies he is better on the wainrights than he was on the burns.

suz i have been feeding bones, lamb pork and beef (ribs and marrow) since the end of last year and he was fine, when we started having probs he just had lamb ribs and marrow bones

Mark i have wondered the same and suz i dont drink my tap water (unless its boiled) because it tastes a bit funny and i have thought about giving stan bottled water

claire i dont give him any bones that smell even a little bit, when i get them they go straight in the freezer and dont come out untill the evening before i give them to stan. it is possible that he has eaten somthing nauty but im very carefull everything goes away in cuboard or bin and i can tell if hes been in the bin 😀

GSP he has drank sea water before but not any more (as he got told off)

suz + bev i know the comertial cr@p isnt doing him any good and i want him back on BARF/ homecooked so that i know what he is getting, however as he doing better on chappie and bikkies i am not willing to change it again untill i know what is causing it, no matter how long it takes

GSP he didnt have tummy troubles befor the girdia trouble, the gardia is gone (three test have shown that, two being five day tests) so i wondered if we are dealing with after effects aswell

the second fecal test (after the first one showed gardia) showed positive for E-coli the next two came back clean.

:ok: i think i have answered everything ;D

kizkiznobite

you have answered much but are miles from understanding….

you know where i am

hugs to the boyo

bev i know that i have a lot to learn and i do aprechiate the help and input that youve given

Didnt think the bones were the cause  🙂

Still think Bevs on right track – so if you dealing with after effects – Bev immune boost yes? what else tell me cos I dont know  :-\

And Kerrie I do understand where your coming from re he doing better on the commercial stuff, have been there recently with Honey – didnt post because to be honest cant deal with the shit this site sometimes hands out – however think YOU need to hear it so..I had Honey back on kibble cos she not doing good – my fault, i was getting it wrong, and I know his problems are different but – she seemed better on the kibble, but truth be told it wouldnt have lasted i know that – got my kick up the backside from bev, but it takes time to work out what food works and what doesnt………………

I wouldnt go back onto raw with bones – but try something a LOT easier on his tum first  :-*

hope honeys feeling better now 🙂

i do know what your saying and i am listening (even when it seems im not  🙂 ) and i wish money wasnt an issue but…….

so what food would you sergest
    and
    should i take him off the ABs now that he is clearly better

GSPmad

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=11869.msg248730#msg248730 date=1225626482]
    …the scarring from an infection can react at the slightest thing…you are feeding him too varied a menu…[/quote]

think bev is saying find a single food (eg the wainwrights duck & rice) that suits and stick with just the one… and am guessing the protein etc stuff is to do with the chappie? but i may be wrong cos chappie works quite well for some dogs with dodgy tums.  :-\

don’t feed a variety keep it consistent is what i was getting from the post anyway. but i may be mis-reading it.  ???

[quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=11869.msg248880#msg248880 date=1225651770]
    hope honeys feeling better now 🙂

i do know what your saying and i am listening (even when it seems im not  🙂 ) and i wish money wasnt an issue but…….

so what food would you sergest
    and
    should i take him off the ABs now that he is clearly better
    [/quote]
    I understand moneys an issue been there done that – granted Honeys smaller but- you find the offers and do your best. I dont think wainwrights is great it got some crap in it so………but diet wise not sure you need to ask bev there  🙂

i do understand were bev is coming from honestly i do but stan has been on this for a while now and is fine, if he has just bikkies he will not eat them he will go days without eating and even when he does eat it is only about half put down (if that) and he will kitchen raid aswell (were as he doesnt at the moment) and i do not want him to drop the weight when it has taken this long to get him back to the proper weight
    please bare with me i am trying my hardest

oh i found out just now that my sister gave him a bit of bread the saterday before he went bad on the monday, maybe that caused it ???

Dree

IF this was my dog, I would stick with the Wainwrights, which he seems to be doing okay on.  (Umm, getting confused now  :crazy:  ….is it Chappie and bikkies he’s on….or Wainwrights?)  I wouldn’t feed any bones, because it just *might* set off an episode.  I agree that the Guardia will have affected his immune system, so I would personally give Echinacea Angustifolia to boost the immune system.  (I can send you some, if you want it.)

Aly12

In my opinion if the food he is getting at the moment agrees with him don’t change it – i.e. if it is working why take it apart.  Changing a dog’s diet must upset its digestive system.  As for the antibiotics I think it would be the same as humans you need to finish the course to stop the infection starting again.

GSPmad

I think it’s the Wainwrights that is the ‘bikkies’ part.  🙂

Will he eat it any better if you soak it just with plain boiled water first Kerrie? Have you tried that?  🙂

The bread could have done it tho, that is about the right time frame.  :-\

GSPmad

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=11869.msg248788#msg248788 date=1225637944]
    standard sampling does not pick always pick up the advance stages…ami had  ….she was carrying and shedding the various stages ….she was clear by sample day 22…she had the runs on and off for 2 weeks …all fine..then had a set back…samples showed clear deep sample analysis showed a few lone just starting up again beasties…she was sensitive to gluten for the next month…then it was egg…then it was cheese….[/quote]

Thought I’d read that – and bread has gluten in Kerrie.  🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime