Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

right thats it!!

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health right thats it!!

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 427 total)
  • Author
    kizkiznobite

wainwrights? a dog that is having colitis and being kept on wainwrights  :what:

i give up….and giardia will not just have affected his immune system…it scars…the scars get inflammed and infected…they may still be a cycle going off…

and  sorry dree…but as far as i am aware echinacea angustifolia will help when taken following an infectious viral outbreak and when taken prior to exposure..and this is not viral and exposure was long ago ….so the only immune boost that works on an already depleted system in MHO is vit e and sel……

but…as i said you know where i am kerry

gsp that was my thought the gluten

dree wainrights are the bikkies sorry to confuse you ;D

whats Echinacea Angustifolia?

[quote author=Aly12 link=topic=11869.msg248911#msg248911 date=1225654274]
    In my opinion if the food he is getting at the moment agrees with him don’t change it – i.e. if it is working why take it apart.  Changing a dog’s diet must upset its digestive system.
    [/quote]
    that was also what i thought

bev were would i find the vit e and selinium?

kizkiznobite

but…the food he is getting/has been getting is not agreeing with him is it ?…he has had a colitis attack…with what he has gotten…..

health food shops…chemist….tescos…..asda…morrisons…holland and barrett…….

GSPmad

[quote author=kerrie and stan link=topic=11869.msg248922#msg248922 date=1225655326]
    bev were would i find the vit e and selinium?
    [/quote]

don’t know if it would be the dose you want, but you get it in these.

http://www.healthydirect.com/product/AGEAS/d.jsf

[quote author=Aly12 link=topic=11869.msg248911#msg248911 date=1225654274]
    In my opinion if the food he is getting at the moment agrees with him don’t change it – i.e. if it is working why take it apart.  Changing a dog’s diet must upset its digestive system.  As for the antibiotics I think it would be the same as humans you need to finish the course to stop the infection starting again.
    [/quote]

The problem is the bad stuff in the food – read feeding bevs on a rant in the stickies. he may seem ok on it now – but its what its doing that you cant see thats the problem.

bev his only recent relapse was after he ate the bread other than that he has been quite firm
    what would you sergest food wise as i cant put him back on homecooked untill i know whats setting him off and that is were i want him

Aly12

I don’t know anything about Wainwrights dry food as I have never used it – I feed Molly with Burns dry food – but on reading this post I felt that Stan was getting so many different foods when he had his upset tummy but seemed to have settled with this food at the moment.  Everyone has their own thoughts on how to feed their dog and what is suitable to one will not always be suitable to another. 

Dree

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=11869.msg248920#msg248920 date=1225654968]
    wainwrights? a dog that is having colitis and being kept on wainwrights  :what:

i give up….and giardia will not just have affected his immune system…it scars…the scars get inflammed and infected…they may still be a cycle going off…

and  sorry dree…but as far as i am aware echinacea angustifolia will help when taken following an infectious viral outbreak and when taken prior to exposure..and this is not viral and exposure was long ago ….so the only immune boost that works on an already depleted system in MHO is vit e and sel……

but…as i said you know where i am kerry
    [/quote]

Okay, I give in  ::) and I’m outa here.  :surrender:  You know everything, Bev.  That’s fine by me.  The fact that I have treated colitis and various other illnesses, and have studied herbs for years, counts for nothing.  The reason I said stay on Wainwrights was because it looked as if he was okay on that, and Kerrie can’t afford an elimination diet, because she’s been there before, and the dog lost weight.  I KNOW that Wainwrights is crap, and it’s not a food I would feed.  But it’s NOT my dog.

If you knew anything about Echinacea, you would know that it’s not only an immune booster…it’s also anti-bacterial, anti-virul, etc., etc.  It is IDEAL for treating the after effects of Guardia..because it will treat the inflammation, etc. of the scars!!…..but what the hell do I know!!  (For anyone interested, see here:-  http://www.purplesage.org.uk/profiles/echinacea.htm )  Believe me, Echinacea is a powerful herb, and it shows your lack of knowledge that you wouldn’t even consider it.  On top of the use of E. I would strongly suggest Vit B supplementation…..but, hey, I don’t know sod all.

Over to you………

Your link doesnt work  🙂

Dree

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=11869.msg248941#msg248941 date=1225658748]
    Your link doesnt work  🙂
    [/quote]

See if this works.

http://www.purplesage.org.uk/profiles/echinacea.htm

works just fine.

wowowow :order: i apreciate all views and oppinions

right regards the food i know how much cr@p there is in the food he is eating but i will not be changing it until i know what is causing his colitis so that i can put him back on homecooked so please can we drop that subject
    secondly Bev can i give the vit-e, selinium whilst stan is on ABs or should i wait untill after he comes off them
    also he has been making funny glurging noises (like a dog sometimes does before they throw up) could this also be linked

but i would like to change the subject briefly stan started limping last night and was still doing it this morning, i have checked legs,toes,pads,feet and there is nothing that i can feel wrong. i took him out for morning walk (on lead) and he limped worse on hard ground then he did on grass. any ideas?

*Lassie*

but i would like to change the subject briefly stan started limping last night and was still doing it this morning, i have checked legs,toes,pads,feet and there is nothing that i can feel wrong. i took him out for morning walk (on lead) and he limped worse on hard ground then he did on grass. any ideas?

Was he on grass last night and was it wet?
    If so he could have slipped and jarred himself, Willow has done that before ::)

we were at a demonstration in P@H with the dog trainer untill late then we went for a walk round the block so no grass. the only thing that i can think of is that he trod on a bit of glass (being near a pub the drunkerds often just break the bottles on the ground) i always try to walk round them ut you never know

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime