Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Right you lovely lot, we going natural

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Right you lovely lot, we going natural

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Sweetypye

the only way to break down the cell walls and make the goodness available to the dog is to either cook it, freeze it or pulp it (raw).  I whizz raw veggies in my magimix.  they only need the equivalent of a portion size equal to say a carrot per day.

Anonymous

Right Angela back up a bit to one of my earlier posts and think dog  ;D if they have made a kill and are eating the stomach the veg that animal would have eaten would already be pulp thats why we pulp veg for dogs.
    I like SP feed mainly raw I do cook up stews in the winter as we can all eat them but it’s mainly raw in the summer
    Val

I cook the veggies cos I hate making it into pulp – and it normally pulp by time ive finished cooking it  ;D

Val Honeys just like that – can go days and days eating enough to feed ten dogs, then suddenly not so interested………..shes cut right back at the minute but I do find she really doesnt eat when its hot.

*Lassie*
    Mudgie

blitz the veg raw  😉

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=12248.msg237025#msg237025 date=1219082685]
    blitz the veg raw  😉
    [/quote]

I hates doing that – makes such a mess and Honey wont eat it  😀 least she eats some of my murdered cooked veggies!

Anonymous

[quote author=xtine link=topic=12248.msg236961#msg236961 date=1219064156]
    so lamb bones added in.. in the evening?
    [/quote]

hmmmm…. I thought Bev said no bones in the evening  :-\  – wasn’t it no bones after 2pm?  but 7pm at latest?  I know Loki can be sick (sort of bile thng) if I give him a meaty bone too late  :-\

Hi all,

Been having a think, for us it would be easiest to give Toby a raw chicken wing for breakfast, so I think that has been decided.  Am just wondering about consistency, i.e. could I give one chicken wing for breakfast daily, but on one day out of seven add some natural yoghurt and on another day add a raw egg?

Then for dinner would prob be mix of cooked and raw through the week as I have a lot of time in the evenings to do this.  I would give two icecube worth of pulped frozen veg each evening, or some of our cooked veg and in addition we have fish once a week so he would have fish one night a week, mackrel in oil one night a week and other nights he’d have raw mince.  I guess I’m suggesting the below for your advice [he a 6.4kg Lakeland Terrier]:

Monday AM – 1 chicken wing and two tablespoons natural yoghurt PM – 2 veg ice cubes, raw beef/pork mince

Tue AM – 1 Chicken wing PM – cooked veg and white fish fillet, mashed potato

Wed AM – 1 chicken wing and 1 raw egg PM – 2 veg icecubes and raw liver (rest of liver I will bake for treats) early afternoon teeth cleaning bone

Thur AM – 1 chicken wing PM – cooked veg leftovers and raw mince

Fri AM – 1 chicken wing PM – 2 veg cubes and raw mince

Sat AM – 1 chicken wing PM – 2 veg cubes and raw mince – early afternoon teeth cleaning bone

Sun AM – 1 chicken wing PM – 2 veg cubes and makerel in oil
    Training treats will be cheese/dried liver on alternate days and we share an apple or a banana most days 

Advice gratefully accepted re the balance etc and whether good food for a wee terrier, have not put in much by way of carbs, but also thinking that I was told terriers do not need a lot of protein perhaps I will add in carbs?  Again I’d love some advice!  Next up once you lot help me agree on a diet plan I’ll get shopping and start looking at any supplements we might need!  Am starting to stress a bit as had Alex getting the liver out at 7 am this morning and he not happy at first, I think we doing the right thing though!

Sweetypye

Dogs do not need carbs.

There is nothing wrong in giving bones in the evening, I do it all the time.
    Eggs can be given daily.

Yoghurt and an egg and a banana is a meal in itself.

Not sure I would give liver with veg as both are laxative………… 😀

Anonymous

You have beef in there you have liver in there you could set his skin off again as SP said I too would not give offal and veg together.
    If you start with that restaurant menu you will never track what sets his skin off

Thanks both, what can we start him off with that will give him what he needs?  Then we will add stuff in, but while we doing it I want to make sure he gets enough food and isn’t missing out on nutrients. 

simple – so one meat source and just one or two veggies sources, id be leaving the eggs for now until you know whats setting him off.

YOu have to go slowly, and I wouldnt personally start adding foods until the kins cleared – you cant test on bad skin, skin and eyes got to be good first. So give it probably a month if it not clear may be worth trying a different meat.

That sounds OK Suz, so giving raw chicken wings for breakfast and cooked chicken with carrots and peas.  Bev/Val does this sound acceptable to try for a month?  Can you rec any supplements he’s need and also any suggestions for treats for training during that first month?  :-*

I think i gave turkey as the main meal – but only cos I know she was ok with that.

personally from Honeys experiences (dunno how common it is for dogs to be allergic to things she is bev/val?) but id go for more green vegs and leave the sweet stuff – so I gave mushrooms and spinach a lot to start……….

xtine

[quote author=widget link=topic=12248.msg237052#msg237052 date=1219134580]
    [quote author=xtine link=topic=12248.msg236961#msg236961 date=1219064156]
    so lamb bones added in.. in the evening?
    [/quote]

hmmmm…. I thought Bev said no bones in the evening  :-\  – wasn’t it no bones after 2pm?  but 7pm at latest?  I know Loki can be sick (sort of bile thng) if I give him a meaty bone too late  :-\
    [/quote]

that’s what i thought? Fritz is usually sick in the middle of the night if he has bones late afternoon / pm.. esp Lamb bones…?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime