Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Right you lovely lot, we going natural

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Right you lovely lot, we going natural

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    kizkiznobite

my lot too xtine…

Mudgie

glad it isnt just nacho then  ::) I only give bones at breakfast and long chews i.e. knuckles are left to weekend so he can take his time with them  ;D 

honey often has chewing bones late in the evening – she fine – im not trying her with eating bones in the evening simply cos the way she vomits no warning – well figure it out – not even going there  😀

Toby just did what Alex describes as a ‘very interesting poo’ – bone poo  ;D he loves the chicken wings for breakfast, do you lot chop em up because he’s been really wolfing them in one after a minute of crunching, is this OK or do we stop him doing it?

*jody*

Glad to hear its going okay, I cant wait to get Jake on natural  🙂

Cant offer much advice re eating the chicken wings quickly as Dante did this, but Jake does tend to chew then, although with the first one he swallowed the end bit in one and promtly bought it back up and chewed it properly, so I think he learnt his lesson about eating it too fast  😀

sorry cant help still waiting for Bev to come teach Honey to chew properly  😀 she doesnt chew she often chokes an regurgitates them and then eats them again……………she not killed herself yet – i dont even panic anymore  ::)

Should have seen my face with the first one, a few crunches, then the whole thing starts to disappear, I panic but didn’t want to frighten him, call for Alex and then he does a big gulp, all gone, waggy tails and licking lips, little terror!

xtine

It is nerve racking the first few times.. but Fritz now eats them like they are apples.. I love hearing the crunching going on under the table in the morning  ;D it takes him about 30 – 60 secs for one wing…

kizkiznobite

crunch crunch gone…. 🙂

*jody*

Hee hee Xtine, I need to set aside a good 15 mins for Jake  😀

That’s right Bev, crunch crunch gone, he’s only a wee little thing, don’t know how he manages it!

Still thinking over Toby’s diet, we are paring it down because of his itchy skin, he is now off all antibiotics and steroids too which is a relief. 

We feeding breakfast chicken wing (just the one) and teatime is causing us some confusion.  What should he be having that will give all that he needs nutritionally but is less likely to cause itching?  I want to cook a whole chicken and give that but also some veg, how long can a dog sustain such a basic diet?  Am I likely to be OK to still give pork recreational bones and the odd egg or should I cut those out too and literally just give chicken and just a couple of kinds of veg?

Thanks in advance!

Sweetypye

Dogs do not do chewing, they have no flat molars with which to grind food as herbivores do, nor do their jaws move from side to side; they are designed to rip, tear, crunch, swallow.

They are also designed to eat quickly as normally in the wild they live in social groups so if they are not fast it ends up inside another dog.

It is rarely a problem, sometimes dogs do regurgitate their food but then this is a bonus (for them) as they get to enjoy their meal twice!

honey will often eat some big bits of beef  -bugger off in the garden regurgitate then eat it again – I given up I dont watch cos it makes me  :-X

And Angela if HOney can pack away a chicekn wing in under a minute then so can toby lol!

quote :

That’s right Bev, crunch crunch gone, he’s only a wee little thing, don’t know how he manages it!

Still thinking over Toby’s diet, we are paring it down because of his itchy skin, he is now off all antibiotics and steroids too which is a relief.

We feeding breakfast chicken wing (just the one) and teatime is causing us some confusion.  What should he be having that will give all that he needs nutritionally but is less likely to cause itching?  I want to cook a whole chicken and give that but also some veg, how long can a dog sustain such a basic diet?  Am I likely to be OK to still give pork recreational bones and the odd egg or should I cut those out too and literally just give chicken and just a couple of kinds of veg?

Thanks in advance!

Just bumping incase you lot can advise further.  Suz recommended not feeding sweeter veggies for now, in addition to above question would frozen spinach be OK, any other suggestions for veggies we could try?  :-*

kizkiznobite

cauli broc cabbage …any of the brassica family ….brussels etc…what grows above ground and has a longer growth time so not the pod veg like peas…try shredded raw sprouts..they always a fave..carrot tops…ami adores the green feathers of carrot tops…falkor will munch on parsnip tops and beetroot tops

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime