Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

RSPCA – educate me

Home Archive Forums General Category General Discussion RSPCA – educate me

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

They aren’t much good on horses either… we called them about some cobs pretty much abandoned near us.. no response… ILPH came when we called them tho  🙂 and they took the animals away.

Anyway – I have never really agreed with them because their views on hunting with dogs oppose mine… so it wouldn’t really be right for me to give money to them or work for them or support them in any way.

Prem2Pram

[quote author=Val link=topic=12455.msg240860#msg240860 date=1221578632]
    Some years ago they erected a massive poster of a pyramid of dead dogs right in the middle of Crufts it upset a lot of people that had come to enjoy Crufts as many dog lovers do  :ok:
    [/quote]

This is the link to that poster

http://www.sofii.org/active%20site/Members%20area/SC85RSPCAdeaddogs.html

Anonymous

And the slogan is stupid the dog licence was 37½p only half the dog owners in the UK had one  😮 must of cost more to collect that anyone earn’t off it

Anonymous

sorry to hijack – who are those ppl you called widget there are some cobby types near me with split hooves (right up to the hairline) that look in alot of pain 🙁

Mudgie

please tell me they didnt use real dogs in that advert  :-\

Anonymous

i would think its real dogs – it looks like a pile from a pound killing day to me.  time was when the knacker man would have taken them like that but i think places now bag them as “waste” and they get incinerated.

i almost dare not ask – did u think they went in little cemetaries ?

its even worse in the states of USA that use CO gas it is almost too horrific to type.

Claire x

oh my god that was disgusting and well out of order, what did all that text say, does anyone know?

and piglet i know dogs die in pounds everyday and are disposed of very casually thats one thing but then to pile them all up photograph them and display them like that is another thing entirely, they died without love or honour or respect and this goes way beyond that, and your sarcasm about where we may think they bodies go is also out of order! IMHO.

Anonymous

[quote author=piglet link=topic=12455.msg240879#msg240879 date=1221589132]
    sorry to hijack – who are those ppl you called widget there are some cobby types near me with split hooves (right up to the hairline) that look in alot of pain 🙁
    [/quote]

ILPH – they have apprently got a new name tho:  http://www.worldhorsewelfare.org/ give their hotline a call  🙂

Mudgie

This stuff is so upsetting.

It is mudge nicer in my own little world  :blindfold:

wags

they watch horses starve to death
    *ive had no intrest in the RSPCA since i was 14 and 4 of us pulled a dead horse out of a stream that they had said was not in any danger – it had starved to death and collapsed in the stream – there had been 5 horses loads of us complained and complained and complained but we were told that the horses were fine so many times when clearlly they wernt – the other 4 were “stollen” and i know nothing about it  😉 

they watch horses drown and do nothing

they turn up at agg markets, auctions etc and cause an un-necessery amount of trouble

they dont respond to calls that are DEADLLY serious however if someone falls out with you and rings the RSPCA to get back at you then they will respond to that

only intrested if there is a TV crew there

if you donate stuff to the local centre the staff are quite rude and never bother to say thankyou (im not talking like a couple of dog leads – im talking BIG stuff worth a lot of money as in loads of end of line stuff from Pets at home)

ive had very little experience with them via small animals but a lot via horses, cows and the like

don’t you wish that sometime in your life you could make difference to something?! like being able to show the world how crap something is like the rspca…

Anonymous

yes.

kizkiznobite

constantly…and sometimes i do and yep that good but at times that not enough even for me…dont do horses..as you know…but they living beings and i know those that love them and have the passion the same…we all do what we do when we can …and at times we have to take comfort that what we do does make a difference at that time and with that animal…we all been there…claire with bonnie, mudgie wanting the best for her bestest boy and getting that but losing her girls..suz with the diva..saved from crap and then working on her diet…jay with the big boyo…deebee losing her pup and now rescuing another…we all been there one way or another …we do what we do in the way that we do it…so lets liven things up a bit yeah…cos my personal life is shite at the moment and could really do with reading or replying to some nice stuff….

Mudgie

okay I is off to post a noochie funny fing….

kizkiznobite

😀 me too in cuberts thread…the wee sod  ::)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime