Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

RSPCA quits Crufts

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs in the News RSPCA quits Crufts

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    cjane

Looks like one organisation is making a stand.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7616591.stm
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article4761471.ece

Are they right to do so?  I think the KC need a kick up the b.side to take some action.

CJ

Anonymous

They will be missed NOT :ok:
    Shame the KC Dog Trust just gave them 46 grand

Anonymous

Ditto Val, it wasn’t do long ago that the KC kicked the RSPCA out of Crufts-they weren’t missed then & won’t be in the future.

I wonder if they will give back the £46,000 I very much doubt it.

I’m still waiting for the RSPCA to get back to me about a neglected dog I rescued that was in 1990 never did get a reply & I did keep her for the next 11 1/2 years.

Anonymous

I can’t see it being that damaging to the image of crufts & as Caroline Kisco said yesterday, it would be hypocritical of the RSPCA not to quit crufts after the unhelpful criticisms they made about the KC on Pedifree Dogs Exposed. It would be very interesting to see a similar program expose the RSPCA because i don’t think they have ever been so unpopular & ineffective at thier own job & are hardly in a position to judge other organizations.

Izzie

:whatever: Never have liked the RSPCA never will.

kizkiznobite

no loss…their funding will be down i guess….heyho…the powers that be will have made a forecasted management decision…just shows re monies eh?

Anonymous

[quote author=Mark. link=topic=12454.msg240785#msg240785 date=1221563158]
    . It would be very interesting to see a similar program expose the RSPCA because i don’t think they have ever been so unpopular & ineffective at thier own job & are hardly in a position to judge other organizations.
    [/quote]

Absolutley  :agree: with that quote, the only time they seem to do anything is when they are being followed about by a TV crew!

I wasn’t sorry to hear this.  They’re shooting themselves in the foot, as bev says re funding and donations.  Now the Dogs trust have pulled out too  ::)

*Lassie*

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/pedigree

PEDIGREE PULLS OUT OF CRUFTS

Anonymous

Old new to us really lassie  ;D they gave up the general champ shows earlier in the year laided off all the staff they have no one left to run the stand, breeders don’t want them some have said they should change their name.
    Mars still have Royal Canin and Wellbeloved at Crufts.
    All the breeders I know have said goody goody one more gone soon we may have a dog show back and not a media madhouse that it’s become
    Val

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=12454.msg247041#msg247041 date=1224963826]
    http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/pedigree

PEDIGREE PULLS OUT OF CRUFTS
    [/quote]

*Lassie*

All the breeders I know have said goody goody one more gone soon we may have a dog show back and not a media madhouse that it’s become

I thought it was good news too ;D ;D

Yep, i definately do, and im so glad i wont see tons of people with those giant pedigree bags they give away, i just cant stand their name everywhere  :boooo:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime