Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

should i be worried??

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health should i be worried??

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

will do 🙂 we get blood results 2moro so will let u all know

Anonymous

brrrr ….. i dont know about over near you, but its bloomin chilly here !!!

got buddy’s bloods back and they all clear which has narrowed it down to a neurological problem. just gotta wait for his scan now to tell us exactly whats going on 🙂

Anonymous

Fingers crossed here for him   :-*

[quote author=dogloverwoooo! link=topic=12892.msg248239#msg248239 date=1225459426]
    got buddy’s bloods back and they all clear which has narrowed it down to a neurological problem. just gotta wait for his scan now to tell us exactly whats going on 🙂
    [/quote]

fingers crossed here too  :-*

fingers crossed here aswell :-*

kizkiznobite

has your vet considered a portosystemic liver shunt….if not then ask…before you pay for a brain scan that is…

kizkiznobite

sorry…having log in probs…the reason i ask and suggest it as a possible is that it is a known genetic lab problem and it does affect the neurological functions…

kizkiznobite

any chance you can post the blood results up…and were they taken after fasting…. :-\

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12892.msg248359#msg248359 date=1225486375]
    has your vet considered a portosystemic liver shunt….if not then ask…before you pay for a brain scan that is…
    [/quote]
    ohhh gosh no mention of that what so ever? would that not have shown up in his bloods? she did say the bloods would show if there was any liver trouble but they have all been clear. as for him being fasted, he had had his breakfast about 7am and had his bloods taken about 5pm? (seizure happened roughly 3.30pm) nothing to eat inbetween. the insurance will cover MRI but thats very interesting about portosystemic liver shunt, i think iv heard of it but will get googleing!
    thanks

kizkiznobite

well i am not a vet but i am sure that standard blood runs do not rule out this problem a shunt is more than just a liver problem per se….and i think that it takes a serum bio to measure protein and urea to be conclusive….  :-\ but i think it worth checking out..to be honest i cannot see why your vet is going with a MRI at this stage so if it was me i would be asking loads more q’s before that sort of exposure…but then i am like that  🙂

i will def mention it, he had 3 seizures in the space of a week last year but was never diagnosed with anything specific as they stopped but have obviously come back now. vet said this is why they should do mri scan now as he has had problems before  :-\ none of my dogs have had anything like this before so im having to just trust the vet and go along with what they say on this one :-\

GSPmad

when he had them last year – was it this time of year or a different time? and was there anything similar then and now that has been different between – if you see what i mean?

it’s like the spanish inquisition.  ;D

seizure symtoms the same as last time but seem to last slightly longer ??? or maybe they dont and it just feels like it. all in all tho very similar. it was march last year so different time.

rona

I sometimes wonder why we have dogs, so much worry. Then again we wouldn’t be without them.
    Oh well!!!!
    Hope all gets sorted for you and Buddy

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime