Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Show training thread….

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Show training thread….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Izzie

here you go Val

[img width=468 height=351]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/Izzie72/Photo0265-1.jpg[/img]
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/Izzie72/Photo0267.jpg[/img]
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/Izzie72/Photo0267.jpg[/img]
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/Izzie72/Photo0269.jpg[/img]
    [img width=468 height=351]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/Izzie72/Photo0272.jpg[/img]

Yes was using treats as she had just woken up and has got the major nark because she had to be washed today. I know last pic, hand is completely wrong – but want to know is she in the right stance?
    How much wall have you left? ;D

Val

They are much better than the ones you sent me with a clumber rocking horse  :ok:

Izzie

Am listening see!  ;D ;D Her back legs- they in the right position?

Got another breeder (Ami’s to be precise) helping me via FB- she is going to handle Livs at Driffield – got her entered into 2 classes on her say so and she is entered at Richmond too.

I hope someones going to groom her feet before any show  😮  😉

she sure has grown now!

Izzie

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=14613.msg271142#msg271142 date=1249932897]

she sure has grown now!
    [/quote]

So do I :help:

know any decent groomers? :tease:

*Lassie*

[quote author=SuzAndTheDiva link=topic=14613.msg271142#msg271142 date=1249932897]

she sure has grown now!
    [/quote]

I thought that as well ;D ;D ;D
    Big girlie now 😮

Izzie

The thread is for Val and other to teach people how to stand their dog not to point out Livia’s hairy feet.

Yes I know they need trimming, no I wont do it till I been shown how to do it properly no point me buggering it up so close to the shows.

Val

I think you need to groom her damp especially the feathers.
    As long as her hock are straight down (look at the beardie drawings I sent you) they will be fine she’s only as baby her front looks tons better jesus those feet think I will pass on them, if you are going to show her you will have to learn how to do that for yourself not many groomers know showdogs.

*jody*

She looks lovely, I know what you mean about messing up the trimming, I refuse to touch Jakes ears until I know exactly what Im doing…

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=14613.msg271150#msg271150 date=1249935755]
    The thread is for Val and other to teach people how to stand their dog not to point out Livia’s hairy feet.

Yes I know they need trimming, no I wont do it till I been shown how to do it properly no point me buggering it up so close to the shows.
    [/quote]

Well excuse me – in future i will keep my nose out.

kizkiznobite

i have never been able to get it right…i gave up trying, could never work out the feathers used to end up with one leg angle up the way and the other down the way  😀 wilma can do feet in seconds…ami’s got done while waiting to go in to the ring  ;D

she grown all of a sudden, pretty lass….

not that i know that much but in the 2nd and 3rd pic her head is too high…they like a better line not a stretch…val can explain it better…

.dodger.

She’s looking huge Izzie 😮 growing into such a pretty girl :-*

When is your first show again?

Sweetypye

Wopuld the tail not look better if it was taut and stretched (not literally) out horizontal?

Izzie

First major show is 13 Sept 

As for Tail, I am not 100% sure SP, all the show pics I have seen of Wilma’s lads their tail is set low and and natural  :-\

kizkiznobite

i think the debate on tails as not been resolved yet  😀 some say natural hang with curve like a goldie some say on a line with no curve some judges seem to be accepting a high carriage…me…. :-X :-X :-X thinks they should be off  😉 😉 ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime