Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Show training thread….

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Show training thread….

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Misty23

Well done Livia ;D

*Nat*

Ooh how odd, there’s old posts on this thread on Page 3 – it’s all in a mucking fuddle!!!  :confused:

Anyway, well done Izzie and Livia, fantastic, the start of things to come  ;D  :-*

Val

Yep you have to stop to break the bounce cycle  ;D
    judges are more forgiving in the puppy classes so now is the time to stop and steady her.
    Some of the Vizla people are like the weim folks they stand dogs on toetails  :blindfold: clumber breeders are not the same they are a bit more give and take, mind you if you are going into a champ show and your dog is the mugging sort it’s not good especially on a wet day you end up going in the ring looking like a dog mat.
    Val

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=14613.msg271737#msg271737 date=1251707052]
    Right ok, I did get steady in and she then went into walking properly, and did the good show pretty too
    Didnt think about stopping though  :-[

Was a fair few people who were obviously pro’s at showing, one woman got the right hump with me when her vizla tried to mug me! ::)
    [/quote]

Izzie

First time was my fault, was trying to get my pace and went to quickly for her, then slowed down and got into a steady pace and she worked well.

Judge was very nice, gave me a few tips- he helped to stack her properly, got her into stance and she bliming moved, luckily he is a clumber owner too

Have to say, she is the only dog I know who will choose biscuit over sausage, cheese or black pudding  :what:

Val

Always start at a walk with puppies then lengthen your stride as the judge is only looking at the rear view when you set off in a triangle then when you turn at the top thats when he’s looking at lenghth of stride so the pace should be good by them, as you turn onto the home straight you should begin to slow again as he is looking at the front plus no judge likes to be mowed down by a dog moving to fast.
    I like to stop a good two feet in front of the judge so he can get an all round last look.
    Thats good she will work for biscuit  ;D they stay dry in your pocket, nothing worse that getting halfway home and plunging your hand in a trouser pocket of warmed up liver or sweaty cheese
    Val

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=14613.msg271744#msg271744 date=1251717592]
    First time was my fault, was trying to get my pace and went to quickly for her, then slowed down and got into a steady pace and she worked well.

Judge was very nice, gave me a few tips- he helped to stack her properly, got her into stance and she bliming moved, luckily he is a clumber owner too

Have to say, she is the only dog I know who will choose biscuit over sausage, cheese or black pudding  :what:
    [/quote]

kizkiznobite

well done both x

kizkiznobite

good luck for today izz….

livia…BE GOOD !!  :ok:

Misty23

she’ll be a wee star, good luck Izzie

kizkiznobite

she the ‘frank spencer’ (to nick a phrase off mudgie) of the clumber world….she got stung in the ear last evening by a wasp  ::) think stress levels were running high  ::)

Mudgie

Nacho got stung last night on top of ear – (outside ear) so they in their sting sting sting mode before they die off…  He was doing propellor head and I couldnt work out why.  I said still – he did his musical statue but was showing scenes of stress – I saw the wee bugger and swiped it off  :surrender:

anyhow… good luck for today ya wee baddie.  ;D

kizkiznobite

just had messages…they up against the best of the best  ;D  think if the stress was high last night it kinda escalated …. 🙂

Izzie

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=14613.msg272236#msg272236 date=1252842938]
    just had messages…they up against the best of the best  ;D  think if the stress was high last night it kinda escalated …. 🙂
    [/quote]

It was a bliming volcano of nerves, was a wreck by the time I got to the ring

up against Livia’s litter sister, a tweedsmuir and 2 greencourts!

Judge said, dont stack, let them be they pups

I ended up being first- after that watched all of them stack their pups  ::)

livia got reserve- (4th)

Val

Well Done Izzie first lesson out the way  ;D who they are and what they have are no concern of yours you just show Livia.
    Next show don’t be first soooooooooooo many breeders do not want to be first you can’t afford to be as you are a novice so take it slow going into the ring hang back.
    When is the next one?
    Val

Izzie

Was set up by the other show folk on that one

Next one is Windsor Gundog on 23 September, then got Clumber club champ show on 27 Sept

Val

That wouldn’t happen in beardies but it would in pekes well as I said a lesson learn’t you won’t get to be first next time
    Good Luck
    Val

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=14613.msg272257#msg272257 date=1252864199]
    Was set up by the other show folk on that one

Next one is Windsor Gundog on 23 September, then got Clumber club champ show on 27 Sept
    [/quote]

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime