Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

skin infection and fleas??

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health skin infection and fleas??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

my sister has a long haired cat that got into a fight a couple of weeks ago, they kept her in for a week then let her out and she got attacked again, they took her to the vets because the wounds werent healing.
    the vet told my sister that the cat had an infection and fleas, they gave her anti-b’s and 2 injections. the problem is that the vet told my sis not to treat the house for fleas because it will irritate the cats skin but they have to get rid of the fleas in order for the cats wounds to heal.

so is there any way to treat the house and the cat without causing further irritation to the cats skin ???

Diesel73

I’m not sure what the brand is but here we got de-flea pipets that can also be used by tiny baby kittens. It’s any flea/lice/heartworm and other things. It goes in neck, there where cat can not lick.
    You got to use something to get rid of fleas. Don’t understand how someone would ever choose/would have to not to  :scared: .
    Never had any fleas or lice but i get sick just thinking of them  :vomit: .

Val

Fleas spend most of their time in your furnishings and only hop onto your dog or cat or you for their next meal. Make sure you wash your dog’s bedding regularly because no flea ever survived a hot wash cycle. If you add Eucalyptus Essential Oil to the final rinse it will also kill 99% of house dust mites according to research from the University of Sydney, Australia.

Vacuum your home very thoroughly and sprinkle a fine layer of ordinary table salt over your upholstery and carpets especially around the skirting boards then leave overnight before vacuuming again to evict your unwelcome guests safely do this every few days for a month but don’t forget to empty your vacuum bag.
    Val

thanks val i have passed that onto my sister ;D

stanelyshane

If you feed regular nutrition, balanced diet, wash and groom the dog should be few problems related to skin and coat. I always washed, dried and cut my dogs, and rub it into the field of aloe vera gel on the skin completely shaved.

Val

So you have a bald dog  :what:
    It can still get bitten by fleas  :ok:

[quote author=stanelyshane link=topic=15394.msg277256#msg277256 date=1285698212]
    If you feed regular nutrition, balanced diet, wash and groom the dog should be few problems related to skin and coat. I always washed, dried and cut my dogs, and rub it into the field of aloe vera gel on the skin completely shaved.
    [/quote]

Diesel73

[quote author=Val link=topic=15394.msg277263#msg277263 date=1285706878]
    So you have a bald dog  :what:
    It can still get bitten by fleas  :ok:

[quote author=stanelyshane link=topic=15394.msg277256#msg277256 date=1285698212]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

:surprise: … was what i was thinking as he did say ‘completely shaved’ …  ???

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime